Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid my "photo-cop" ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

What I'm beginning to wonder is how did the cops identify the bike in the first place. As far as I know, in Boulder the traffic cams only take a pic of the front of the vehicle. Bikes don't have a plate on the front, so how did they identify it?

There IS a really sophisticated one at 28th & Pearl. Maybe that one takes pics from the back.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
I was riding with my buddies a few years back. They are stop light to stop light guys. I saw the speed camera and was under the allotted 10 over. When we got to the next light I told them about it. They blew it off. All of them got pictures of themselves in the mail with $100 fines. I am against issuing tickets in this manner but like one of the other posters mentioned at least they are no point violations.
"alotted 10 over"? You may feel that you have an "alotted 10 over", but any thing like that is only at the particular officer's discression. Many military bases can and will ticket at just 3 mph over. Try speeding 48mph on Redstone Arsenal and see what happens if you meet one of their white & black cars.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Malibyte
Tourer

I have those plastic covers on my plates that make it impossible to read them unless you're right behind me - I got them specifically to defeat these cameras. I DON'T RUN RED LIGHTS - but I have been known to stop a foot or two over the limit line, or not make a complete and total stop during a right turn on a red light when no cross traffic is present. I don't want to get a ticket for running a red under those circumstances - because it's clearly NOT the same thing as blowing a red light.

The police officers I know have told me that the cameras' manufacturer gets a $70 cut of those $500 L.A. County camera tickets. Clearly a conflict of interest.

In the UK these cameras' lenses get regularly spray-painted over in the middle of the night. While I don't advocate breaking the law, I can understand why they're doing this, and don't blame them.

Last edited by Malibyte; 08-06-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:13 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by faapilot
Going through a red light and complaining for getting caught? Get Real!!
His Dad should've gotten hit and killed then I would have liked to see him get pennies to pay the funeral expenses......
Count yourself lucky and don't be a smart ***....

OC douche bag. Damn that is a pretty harsh statement. Right up there with saying to you, "I hope you find out your OL is riding with someone else and I don't mean on his bike." Friggen think b4 you speak. Damn sure hope I never have to fly with you.

For those of you with a civil brain in your head another interesting article from June 2010.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...ght-court.html

Old 08-06-2010, 06:27 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
For those of you with a civil brain in your head another interesting article from June 2010.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...ght-court.html
Photos are Hearsay?? Of course they are.

What about the 6th amendment?? Dont you have the right to confront your witnesses? how do you cross-examine a camera?

Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Has the OP ever posted back?

Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking

What about the 6th amendment?? Dont you have the right to confront your witnesses? how do you cross-examine a camera?

Kinda the point of the article. There have been a few cases out here that have been dismissed because of that reason. Some cities have just plain stopped using them because it costs too damn much $$$ to keep an osifer in court all day everyday every week.

Just another reason to wear my FF.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Desoto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You be careful on that high horse. You might get hurt when you fall off the c*nt.
Gee, you must be the sharpest tool in that shed.

Ok, if the police has a video clearly showing you murdering someone, they'll have to let you go just because you can't cross-examine the camera? I'd say, don't drop your soap in the shower while in jail.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the red light cameras, don't know why any biker would'nt. Have an intersection near home that I always use. There were a lot of accidents because of people running the red lights. Some bikers and cagers lost their lives at this intersection. When cameras were put up accidents dropped about 90 percent. I myself, and I am sure a lot of others feel a lot safer going thru this intersetion. Gotta love those cameras.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,975 Likes on 4,167 Posts
Default Lumps

Sorry, You need to take your lumps. I bet they do not accept or at the least give you credit for the fine with pennies. Change is not legal tinder. They had to put up the cameras on the red lights around her to get people to stop. It’s still dangerous around here on a bike at ever light. For the life of me I cannot understand why you are complaining. Cameras for speeders will be coming shortly because people do not understand the law applies to them. Carry a cell phone just in case you get caught by a light so you can catch up. Do not run lights just to stay with someone.

Quick Reply: Paid my "photo-cop" ticket