Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid my "photo-cop" ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
USPS Flat Rate box, anything that will fit in the box, up to 70 pounds, ANYWHERE in the US (including APO addressed) for about $11! And the Post Office will give you the box! Priority Mail has delivery confirmation.
Including the clown doll lol

Old 08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most red light cameras are put in free of charge to the city on the basis that the city will split the fines with the company that operates the cameras. The cameras must be able to provide a certain level of revenue to make them profitable so if the camera is not raking in enough money the city has to cut down the yellow time until they can ***** enough people to pay for it.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
I sure hope I remember this if I ever find myself in such a situation. I would so love to see the look on the face of the person that opens the package and then the one that has to count and wrap the pennies. I wouldn't care how much it cost to send and $11.00 is a small price to pay.
I would love to see the look on his Dads face when they issue a warrant for his arrest. I see we have different mindsets on this one, but why make a bad situation worse. He clearly broke the law! Thank goodness no one was in a wreck because of it. Go ahead and pay the ticket in a way that doesn't create more problems. I'm interested in how this turns out.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

I can't vouch for any other state, but in Tennessee pennies are legal tender for a debt and MUST be accepted! I paid a ticket for $380.00 when I drove a truck just that way and not only did the County Court Clerk have to accept them, they had to count them while I was present! It wasted about 4 hours of both our time before I got my reciept, but it was worth every minute.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:56 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Interesting times we live in. Someone breaks the law, and feels the need to make someone else's life a pain in the ***.

Nice.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:01 PM
harlowr
Advanced

Here in OH you can take it to court if you wish, but so far red light cameras have been upheld. Ticket is to the registered owner. It's considered a civil matter and not traffic violation is why no LEO is needed to issue ticket to the actual driver. Since it is a civil matter, no arrest warrant is issued. The unpaid tickets are sent to a collections agency and goes against the owner's (your dad) credit.
The mention that cameras can cause more accidents than they prevent is believable to me. I was on my bike in the inside lane once when the driver slightly ahead of me and in the next lane decided to lock up his brakes and slide sideways into my lane to avoid a light that had JUST turned yellow.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:19 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by swomack
Most red light cameras are put in free of charge to the city on the basis that the city will split the fines with the company that operates the cameras. The cameras must be able to provide a certain level of revenue to make them profitable so if the camera is not raking in enough money the city has to cut down the yellow time until they can ***** enough people to pay for it.
Yeah... And several cities have had to clear fines and repay money because they got caught reducing the yellow time. The yellow time is a mandate that the city has to follow.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:27 PM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TN Houndog
I can't vouch for any other state, but in Tennessee pennies are legal tender for a debt and MUST be accepted! I paid a ticket for $380.00 when I drove a truck just that way and not only did the County Court Clerk have to accept them, they had to count them while I was present! It wasted about 4 hours of both our time before I got my reciept, but it was worth every minute.
That may be the gov't policy in TN, but it absolutely does NOT apply to the private sector. If you walk into WMT and pay for $100 of merchandise with pennies, they are absolutely within their right to not accept payment. Heck, they don't have to accept any legal currency. Legal currency is nothing more than a symbol that it is backed by the federal reserve. They can require you pay them in Wally World Dollars or have a bartering day.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
faapilot
Cruiser

Going through a red light and complaining for getting caught? Get Real!!
His Dad should've gotten hit and killed then I would have liked to see him get pennies to pay the funeral expenses......
Count yourself lucky and don't be a smart ***....

Old 08-06-2010, 02:37 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ehans
That may be the gov't policy in TN, but it absolutely does NOT apply to the private sector. If you walk into WMT and pay for $100 of merchandise with pennies, they are absolutely within their right to not accept payment. Heck, they don't have to accept any legal currency. Legal currency is nothing more than a symbol that it is backed by the federal reserve. They can require you pay them in Wally World Dollars or have a bartering day.
True, you have the choice to forget the purchase and walk away, but in this case, there is no choice. It's as if you were charged a fee to get out of building instead of being charged to get in.

Quick Reply: Paid my "photo-cop" ticket