Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid my "photo-cop" ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:23 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not debating you, but you are applying the practices of businesses on this situation. Courts and businesses are two different animals. My bank does not require all of that information anymore.
I think the story is funny, but in reality they will just put them in a change sorter. However, if the ticket clearly states, "do not send cash," then they could deny the pennies.
I would say that life is a lot more fun if you do not worry so much.

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
But if they don't accept unrolled pennies as payment, (you can be required to roll all coin and put your name and phone number on each roll) doesn't a warrant for dad's arrest go out? If your dad was complaining about a ticket for something that the camera shows he did, I can imagine what he'll say to you when he's unexpectedly arrested. No way I would put my dad in that position.

I once watched an episode of 'Parking Wars' where two guys went in and tried to pay in all pennies, with one of them filming because they thought it would be funny. Long story short, two police officers were called in and the end result, the business did not have to accept the unrolled pennies as payment, so the joke ended up on the impounded vehicle owner.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:24 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Earl IV
The camera must take a clear shot of the driver's face for a ticket to be issued.
Not here in Ohio.... They run the plate and send the ticket to the registered owner. If someone else was driving the vehicle it is up to the owner to collect the fines from them. They are the equivalent to a parking violation. Tickets issued there are without a driver and the responsibility of the owner.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:27 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts
Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Earl IV
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
Not here in Ohio.... They run the plate and send the ticket to the registered owner. If someone else was driving the vehicle it is up to the owner to collect the fines from them. They are the equivalent to a parking violation. Tickets issued there are without a driver and the responsibility of the owner.
Ohio sucks, but that's off the subject

I'd take it to court if they didn't have a clear shot of my ugly mug accompanying the ticket.

It's not my responsibility to do the police work for them, if they wish to prove I was the one operating the vehicle they are more than welcome to try, otherwise f*ck'm.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Desoto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me get this strait. The Op and his dad ran an intersection when the light turned red and the second rider (dad) got caught and bitches about the ticket. Why did he run the red light in the first place? For safety reason, I would've stopped and saved me a ticket and perhaps a bad accident. The front rider just have to check his mirrors once in a while to see that I'm not following anymore and wait till I catch-up to him.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Texas Fat Boy;7106374]Nice parenting skills dude, teaching your kids to disrespect authority. At least you taught them they need to pay a fine when accrued.

QUOTE]

Well said, Sir. I'm glad somebody finally pointed that out.

Sounds like that may have been passing down through the generations in this guy's family.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
I am not debating you, but you are applying the practices of businesses on this situation. Courts and businesses are two different animals. My bank does not require all of that information anymore.
I agree with you that I'm quoting a 'business' policy', but in my county and city, on the back of the ticket it clearly states Do Not Send Cash, which would include 47 lbs. of pennies. Now, maybe if you arrived at the clerks' office, maybe they have to take them, but I wouldn't count on it. What business or county office has someone with the time to count 47 lbs. of unrolled pennies? Think you can pay your property tax at the assessor’s office in pennies? Don't think so... it's a funny thing to do, but like someone else posted, not the first time it's been tried, and since the ticket was issued to his dad, I just don't think it was the best way to pay on behalf of his dad, since dear old dad will have to deal with the repercussions if a warrant is issued.

The OP should send dad a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card; he might need one.

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 08-06-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

OMG! Hope those traffic fine officials don't think they have received a 47 pound BOMB and call out Homeland Security. That wouldn't surprise me too much.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Desoto
So let me get this strait. The Op and his dad ran an intersection when the light turned red and the second rider (dad) got caught and bitches about the ticket. Why did he run the red light in the first place? For safety reason, I would've stopped and saved me a ticket and perhaps a bad accident. The front rider just have to check his mirrors once in a while to see that I'm not following anymore and wait till I catch-up to him.
You be careful on that high horse. You might get hurt when you fall off the c*nt.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I sure hope I remember this if I ever find myself in such a situation. I would so love to see the look on the face of the person that opens the package and then the one that has to count and wrap the pennies. I wouldn't care how much it cost to send and $11.00 is a small price to pay.

Quick Reply: Paid my "photo-cop" ticket