Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid my "photo-cop" ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
A lot of those crashes were at photo enforced intersections. Doesnt that prove that photo enforcement doesnt work and that its not about safety?
Just because something may fail once, do you throw the whole concept away? My opinion is that it is possible that they may have failed in the selected clip, but it is also just as much possible that they worked 99 other times....

Old 08-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interestin thread - started with an innocuous post and deteriorated into a discussion about the legality of sending in the pennies and a second discussion calling the OP a slew of names for having the audacity to pay the fine with pennies. Hmmmm, life's too short as it is to let something as simple as this get you all riled up - just my $.02

Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Penny this was funny, hope it works out ok for you. As far as liking or not liking red light cameras, I don't like them. I think that if the govt really wants to give us tickets for traffic violations anytime they happen without a LEO present, then they should just install GPS in every vehicle and when you are going above the speed limit set you will be sent a ticket (or even just charge your credit card). That is the same concept, maybe they can hook the seat belt up to the GPS and give you another ticket if you put the car in drive without having the seat belt on. At that point they might just make it so no vehicles can go over the speed limit by having the GPS run a governor with a max speed setting. Brings back some memories about some movie where they were arresting people for they were going to do before they did it.

Oh well, that is my 7500 cents on the subject

Old 08-08-2010, 05:38 PM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red light camera racket in Chicago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbG6Yeg3s0

All about the revenue, even for those that creep up to the pedestrian line to peek around the corner to make a SAFE AND LEGAL right-on-red.

Other areas where the light is shortened where a camera exists. You guessed it - shorter lights don't increase safety, they increase money, both for the gov't collecting ticket revenue and the repair shops that fix the rear end collisions caused by people slamming on their brakes to avoid a ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PCZS...eature=related

Last edited by ehans; 08-08-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:43 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grf000
Do not dissagree with what you are saying, do not agree with running red lights, I thought about the above long and hard. Sorry, but the answer is still no, you cannot borrow my bike.
Please. I will only go to my new job....

Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

One other thing, my daughter got into an accident about 6-8 years ago at an intersection with cameras. The other person ran the light, and denied it. No witnesses, I asked the city to check the camera to see what happened. So our insurance wouldn't have to pay. They refused. Said that's not what they are for... since it was my daughters word against the other girl. The insurance companies decided on 50/50.... and it was basically "No fault"... what BS,,

Old 08-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
A lot of those crashes were at photo enforced intersections. Doesnt that prove that photo enforcement doesnt work and that its not about safety?
The video isn't to prove that the cameras don't work; it's to show just how freakin' STOOPID people are and how DANGEROUS it is to assume people stop for red lights.
Here around Atlanta, running reds has become the norm, and the cameras have slowed that at those intersections with them, but not elsewhere. I would prefer to see random stakeouts done with cops busting people for it over using the cameras for all the reasons mentioned in this thread.
Also, random checks would get people uncertain if they were being watched or not, and a lot of it would disappear.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:12 PM
sbergerson
Cruiser
Default Update from o.p.

It's been three weeks since I sent the money. No communications from Boulder. Dad and I had lunch the other day, and no warrants for his arrest. We don't expect any extradition orders from Colorado.

In my original post, I said he was "bitching" that it was my fault that he tripped the red light sensor... It should be understood that the word "bitchin" really meant that he was giving me a hard time for a decision that he made.

Dad is 71, and every year we go 2,500 - 3,000 miles together. We had the time of our lives on our trip to CO. and we are looking forward to more trips together in the coming years.

We always try to ride safe, but sometimes things don't work as planned.

If anyone goes to jail, I'll let you all know, but if not, this will be my last post on this topic.

Have a laugh. Take life a little less seriously. Live to Ride.

Steve

Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Here again, while I don't entirely support the activities of the Po-Po, they do help keep us safe, like getting drunks off the road and busting redlight runners. In your case, I think most cops would have let it go as opposed to the stupid camera, since if you got separated, there would be a larger chance of illegal or "unsafe" activity trying to catch up to the front rider. Unfortunately for us, there are cops who hate bikers in general and won't let anything go - kind of like the cameras.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:59 AM
audettd
Tourer

Now that there is just funny stuff!

Quick Reply: Paid my "photo-cop" ticket