Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid my "photo-cop" ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:07 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Ok, I shouldn't have waited until this thread was three pages long to start it,, my replies wouldn't be all together!
This is my last one for a while I am sure!

As a few posters have said, some are too keen to give away their rights. We dont have any rights here in Australia, the govt can legistate whatever they think is right or popular. As a result the tyranny of the majority rules with an iron fist and its hand in your pocket.
Hey, with OBAMA in office, we're not far from being right along side of ya Brother!

Last edited by JimTJr; 08-08-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:07 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

How do you delete a post? I double tapped I guess.

Last edited by JimTJr; 08-08-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,966 Likes on 4,159 Posts
Default Borrow

Originally Posted by "dutch"
the defense must have an opportunity to "confront" and cross-examine witnesses. In some cases when the witness is the victim of the crime, that may infact be the accuser of the offense against you. In short, you are both right. Witness, accuser, either way you have the right to confront that person(s).

as far all the statements about the photo enforced ticket. Seeing the op'er is from the great state of minneasota. I am guessing he is sending the fine in a small, but large form of u.s. Currency, because he, along with most minneasotians, believes the photo enforcement ticket processes is a violation of ones right. (see hyperlink) http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1688.asp

if the op wants to send pennies, it is his fathers ticket. He can send pennies.

one said earlier something to the effect that their state feels that the owner of the vehicle is responsible for the ticket, if the vehicle's owner borrows it to another, and the other driver gets the photo enforced ticket said owner needs to pay the fine. Talk about a jacked up way of viewing rights, laws, and personal freedoms.

to me that is like saying, your friend does not own a vehicle. He borrows yours twice a week to go to work. You allow this to happen for a month. Cops knock on your door and arrest you for bank robbery. Since you are the owner of the vehicle. You are apart of the bank robbery conspiracy. You as the registered owner knew your friend did not own a vehicle and borrowed your vehicle to him. How are you to know his new job was robbing banks. But you did not know he was out robbing banks for the past month, but since you are the registered owner you are now charged in the crime. Or we can make it more simple.

the friend gets in an accident at an intersection, that is photo enforced, the accident renders both vehicles inoperable. Your friend violated city ordinance at the intersection. Who gets the ticket? You or your friend? In your states legal mind the registered owner is the one who caused the accident. They will make sure you never borrow your vehicle to someone else. Since when was borrowing out your vehicle a city offense?

again, my point is i borrow you my vehicle. I have no way of ever knowing exactly what it is your are doing or viloating. How is it that i (the vehicles only registered owner) am responsible.
Do not disagree with what you are saying, do not agree with running red lights, I thought about the above long and hard. Sorry, but the answer is still no, you cannot borrow my bike.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 08-08-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Vincewd
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Desoto
So let me get this strait. The Op and his dad ran an intersection when the light turned red and the second rider (dad) got caught and bitches about the ticket. Why did he run the red light in the first place? For safety reason, I would've stopped and saved me a ticket and perhaps a bad accident. The front rider just have to check his mirrors once in a while to see that I'm not following anymore and wait till I catch-up to him.

Do I have to explain everything, they where riding harleys , that makes them special.

One thing I don't understand here, you break a traffic law, pay the fine.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:57 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vincewd
Do I have to explain everything, they where riding harleys , that makes them special.

One thing I don't understand here, you break a traffic law, pay the fine.
Well, with 12 posts, and no signature, I guess your just a troll?

Looking at all your posts, I don't see what you ride,, or even if you do ride at all?

Last edited by JimTJr; 08-08-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:28 AM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Route66rider
In the end if you don't like red light cameras, don't run the red light. When you see the light is yellow, PAY ATTENTION and stop. It is as simple as that. Not only is it safer for you, it is also going to be safer for me as I may be the one waiting off around the corner for the light to go to green.
Sometimes paying attention means not stopping. There have been too many idiots that see a yellow light and slam on their brakes from an unsafe speed for that short distance and cause an accident or lose control of their car.

I am not advocating people should try and make the yellow, but paying attention means pay attention and do what is safe, not just stop at all costs before the line.

That is why few lights simultaneously at an intersection change from red to green and why when the light does change, you still look for stragglers.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:37 AM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I'm agreeing, except about the money and power bit in this case. Anyone who doesn't think it's about safety should watch this video - ESPECIALLY the end!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-qvXbIenivk
They live among us.
How did this discussion about being caught under a yellow turn into a video about morons that blatently run a red light? It is a good video and I am going ot make sure my 16yr old watches it.

Yes, when the light turns yellow you should safely slow down and stop, but different intersections have different timers (I am surprised in California that the lights seem to be much longer than they were when I was in New Jersey too) and being caught being 50-90% through the intersection when it goes red is not at all the same as what is portayed in this video. I don't think I saw a single accident in there that was someone pushing the yellow too far.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I only have one objection to red-light or speed cameras: the lack of judgement. I've had to go through yellows on my bike, that I wouldn't have otherwise, because someone was too close on my rear and were going to go through the light regardless. So, I either go through the light or die. I know you can protest, and maybe beat, a ticket like this, but that takes time and/or expense to so. I believe a cop that saw this would send me on my way and nail the guy pushing me.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:00 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I'm agreeing, except about the money and power bit in this case. Anyone who doesn't think it's about safety should watch this video - ESPECIALLY the end!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-qvXbIenivk
They live among us.
A lot of those crashes were at photo enforced intersections. Doesnt that prove that photo enforcement doesnt work and that its not about safety?

Old 08-08-2010, 04:10 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kingkingking
A lot of those crashes were at photo enforced intersections. Doesnt that prove that photo enforcement doesnt work and that its not about safety?
I don't think that anybody in city governments even pretends that these cameras are about safety anymore. It's just a way to get more money for them to waste since tax revenues are down. They couldn't care less if they cause accidents, which many do, as long as it brings in those almighty dollars.

Quick Reply: Paid my "photo-cop" ticket