Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the Woods Cams?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 PM
18BKLR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has the Woods Cams?

Curious to know who has them and what your exhaust sounds like. I just put them in a 08 cop glide with the 103 and it runs great and idle sounds great. At about 2000-2500 rpm in 2nd gear or so the exhaust kinds sounds like crap. I have rush slip ons installed. Almost a miss but its not or almost a gurgle. ??? Anyone, maybe its the baffles. Not really sure. Runs great and pulls like a train but that sound is just different.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 255 SE cams installed. With the Cat removed (2010 2 into 1)and the Fuel Moto Power tube I'm getting a resonance in the 2800 rpm area. Sounds damn near like a knock in the motor. Have had 3 different shops drive it and the last one told me it sounded like the exhaust to him.

New exhaust setup coming on Friday that will hopefully cure it. At least give me the peace of mind that it's the exhaust and not the motor.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which woods cam??

Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wood TW7H. Sounds good at idle, slight lope but nothing radical and a bit louder than stock

Old 08-04-2010, 10:03 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

Sorry they are the tw6-6. I was just out on it now. I changed the RS baffle back to a 2" so they are both 2" and it still does it. I would say it is a little better but still around 2300 to 2800 some kind of a miss sound but not a miss. Hard to explain I guess. Thats why I am asking. Like I said, great idle and pulls like a horse and sounds great when the rpm's are up but when in that 2 - 3 grand put it sounds like crap. Guess its tit for tat. I know its not in the motor, maybe a little more lifter noise with these but that might be just because I am listening for them more. All in all a easy install and well worth the buck. Just wish I could fix this sound...

Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer

Get a new tune, you need to add fuel in that rpm range.
Call fuelmoto if you have a Power Commander or ...Dyno tune.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:19 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Certified Drunk
Get a new tune, you need to add fuel in that rpm range.
Call fuelmoto if you have a Power Commander or ...Dyno tune.
I will call Jamie in the morning. So you are thinking that the gurgle sound is lean in that RPM range. I will have to look at the tune and see what the fuel is at now. Kind of has a weird sound and a little surge to it like it doesnt want to hold at that range.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,854 Likes on 976 Posts

On my SG, I have the Woods TW6-6 cam (gear driven), along with Vance & Hines Pro Pipe High Output (2 into 1), V & H Fuelpak, and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker II.

With this setup, the bike really sounds badass idling, with a nice little lope, and a low rumble. It really loves to run at 3000 rpm and up. It absolutely screams in this range, and the exhaust barks pretty loud at WOT. In the 2000 to about the 2700 rpm range, she's not real happy limping along with minimal throttle input. With positive throttle input in this range, she pulls nicely to 3000 rpm, and then really takes off. V & H provided the map for the fuelpak, so I don't know if it's truly optimal for my setup, or just something to get me in the ballpark. I've thought about getting her dyno'ed, but I don't know if it would really be worth it or not.

Let us all know what Jamie says.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Every canned map gets the tune wrong at 2000-3000rpm, IMHO. ALWAYS too rich, including FuelMoto, and I had 3 FuelMoto PC-3's instlalled this year.

Blappp a blapp a blapp a balapp.....WHAAAAAAAAA........

Get it tuned on a dyno.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the Woods 6-6 in mine with Rinehart's and it sounds great to me at all R.P.M. ranges. But then again, I had fuelmoto dyno mine at the time of the cam install, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Quick Reply: Who has the Woods Cams?