Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC

I've got an '09 RKC, Deep Turquoise and Antique White. I want to buy hard bags and get them color-matched, not like an '09 Ultra with the same colors, but like the RKC color configuration. I guess Harley never made color-matched hard bags with the correct pin striping and all for this bike (dealer told me HD does when I bought the bike) because they say no part number exists. I thought HD custom painted stuff like this on order. I don't want Ultra hard bags because the striping and exact paint scheme won't match up right.

If I had a Vivid Black bike it would be a non-issue, but two-tone's more of a hassle, I guess.

I live in Sacramento Valley/ Bay Area. Any suggestions on best place to order hard bags and get 'em painted show quality like the rest of the bike?

Old 08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did mine on the same color bike not too long ago. Take a look at this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...n-rkc-wow.html

Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 PM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Default Thanks, CBEAR, for link to thread...

...I read all of the thread pages...I like both the solid turquoise and solid white hard bags. Problem is, the only pictures I can view are avatar pics. I can't access the links to pics posted in this thread even though I'm logged in. I wish I could see all these pics to make me drool...

John

Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's wierd that you can't view the pics. Maybe after you get some more posts you'll be able to????? They really are very nice bags. I like them a lot.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 AM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Default Well, Damn...

It's the links to pics that don't work. When people have pics already posted with their comments, I see them just fine.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:04 AM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Default Got Pics to Work...

...and I've been lookin' for turquoise and white bike pics for comparison and even going so far as to play with the paint program to see what looks eye-catching but tasteful...

Attached Thumbnails Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-bjmmj3-wk-kgrhqmh-emes9whsqh4blupl2k-kg-_12.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-2009uc1.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-100_1544.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-100_1544whiteseatrimandseatsfc.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-100_1545.jpg  

Old 08-07-2010, 06:19 AM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Default And a Few More...

Showing off my rudimetary paint skills here...

To install guards around the bags or not?
To have solid or two-tone?
To have the lids two-toned?
To have the white trimmed at the bottom go all the way around or stop just before the rear edge of the bag?

I know, just do whatever looks best to me. Thing is, Harley has stylists who are trained to know what looks right, or at least what sells the most bikes that appeal to most people's sense of taste. Then again, after seeing what color choices they're offering for 2011, I'm just glad I got mine when I did.

Attached Thumbnails Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-bags02.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-user145450_pic89719_1279826350.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-rkc_hard_bagsfinally.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-rkc_hard_bagsfinallyselfwhitebottom.jpg   Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC-rkc_hard_bagsfinallyselfwhitebottomandwhiteseatandgrips.jpg  

Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I like either style guards around the bags.The bags look fantastic in 2 tone.In my opinion the tops of the bags don't need to be 2 tone,might be too much.Did you ever think about doing the side covers in 2 tone?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:22 AM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Default Not Sure...

...maybe if I go with more white on the bottom of the bags (EG style?)

Old 08-07-2010, 07:25 AM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Default Think Your Right...

...on the lids, though.

Quick Reply: Color-Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC