Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 03:04 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by METALKAT
I like the technology and appreciate the results, I just can't pull the trigger on a $400 bulb. Thank you for all the info LightGuy and will keep them in mind when the price catches up.
I agree...they are still to pricey and they don't make an RG version yet.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:21 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I am gointg to stick with the HD LED's.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:47 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I like LED lights...just waiting for the price to come down to something a little more reasonable.

Interesting that there is a huge following and support for LED taillights e.g. BAL (including me) that are WAY more expensive than a stock bulb, but on the front of the bike we are more skeptical and/or price sensitive (including me).

Funny thing...I'm a big fan of headlights on women too...lol.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rogergardner
I ordered a LED Headlamp for my 2010 FLHTK. The mounting ring did not fit. The holes would not line up. I waited over 8 weeks to get this light and what a disappointment. The dealer wants to charge me a restock fee. I told him no way I was paying a restock fee on a part that they verified would fit before the order went through. Now I am ordering a Kuryakyn LED Headlight. Has anyone mounted one and how does it do?
Flip the mounting ring to the correct position. You have it backwards.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Houston, I think the LEDs on the rear or as any marker lights are acceptable because we know they work for being seen. Especially looking at them straight on. The idea of LEDs projecting light outward, as required by a headlight is a new concept.
I believe improvements in the LEDs themselves as well as new lens designs have made vast improvements in this area. I expect that someday LEDs will replace most incandesent lighting and hopefully without looking as goofy as the current headlights do.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Madpoodle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogergardner
I ordered a LED Headlamp for my 2010 FLHTK. The mounting ring did not fit. The holes would not line up. I waited over 8 weeks to get this light and what a disappointment. The dealer wants to charge me a restock fee. I told him no way I was paying a restock fee on a part that they verified would fit before the order went through. Now I am ordering a Kuryakyn LED Headlight. Has anyone mounted one and how does it do?
Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Flip the mounting ring to the correct position. You have it backwards.

Err, the holes are staggered, it would be tough to not get it the right way, plus the trim ring mounting screw hole is on the bottom, hopefully Roger has it straight..

That said, my FLHTK had the same issue. Had to use a rat tail file to open up the holes a little bit to get it to fit properly..

Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Madpoodle
Err, the holes are staggered, it would be tough to not get it the right way, plus the trim ring mounting screw hole is on the bottom, hopefully Roger has it straight..

That said, my FLHTK had the same issue. Had to use a rat tail file to open up the holes a little bit to get it to fit properly..
i had to change wholes to get mine to fit easier, iused one hole on the left the 2 side holes on the right and one top hole just right of center, maybe the shape of the fairing changes a little with time, or just another jacked up design by the company ie headlight visor trim ring

Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by houstonhdguy
I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I like LED lights...just waiting for the price to come down to something a little more reasonable.

Interesting that there is a huge following and support for LED taillights e.g. BAL (including me) that are WAY more expensive than a stock bulb, but on the front of the bike we are more skeptical and/or price sensitive (including me).

Funny thing...I'm a big fan of headlights on women too...lol.
On our '01', after a rock punched a hole thru my headlight I decided to update. After looking at all of the update options I went all the way with the complete HD LED headlight and passing lights setup. When it comes to seeing and being seen, money well spent compared to many other mods I've made, some costing even more. Good Harley's and women's headlights can be expensive.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain

also subscribed

Old 03-06-2011, 01:54 PM
DangerBoy
Stage III

Just took delivery of the H-D 5-3/4 LED Headlamp in Black for my 05 FXDI (P/N 67700043). Looks and works great. Used 3,000 dealer loyalty points and $40 cash to cover the $400 cost. Probably would not have done it having to pay straight up, but glad I had the points to ease the pain. These are allegedly JW Speaker lamps, but I can not find anything on their site that is between the 4.5" and 7" headlamps.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn LED Headlight?