Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010 | 01:30 PM
Coffeeman
Advanced
Red face

LIGHTGUY, Thanks for the helpful and open discussion. It is always good to hear from those with practical information rather than just guesses and no experience. Also appreciate your disclosing your work, no hidden agenda :-))) Add thoughts anytime to help others out, they can accept input or reject it, but at least it is available :-)

Last edited by Coffeeman; 10-23-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2010 | 05:17 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes,thanks for the info and please let us know when the 4" spots will be available.

Old 10-24-2010 | 05:58 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

What is the amp draw compared to he stock headlight?

Old 10-24-2010 | 07:17 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member

I know the 7" lights dominate the HD market based on volume, but what about LED lights for Road Glide owners? Any options out there or coming soon?

Old 11-16-2010 | 04:29 PM
rogergardner
6th Gear
Default Harley LED Headlight DID Not work

I ordered a LED Headlamp for my 2010 FLHTK. The mounting ring did not fit. The holes would not line up. I waited over 8 weeks to get this light and what a disappointment. The dealer wants to charge me a restock fee. I told him no way I was paying a restock fee on a part that they verified would fit before the order went through. Now I am ordering a Kuryakyn LED Headlight. Has anyone mounted one and how does it do?

Old 11-16-2010 | 04:56 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I'll be happy to test any lights sent to me.

2011 FLHTK
2008 FXDWG
2009 Sporster

Old 11-16-2010 | 05:07 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Did you order the right light and ring?, there are other threads on here about the HD LED do a search.

Originally Posted by rogergardner
I ordered a LED Headlamp for my 2010 FLHTK. The mounting ring did not fit. The holes would not line up. I waited over 8 weeks to get this light and what a disappointment. The dealer wants to charge me a restock fee. I told him no way I was paying a restock fee on a part that they verified would fit before the order went through. Now I am ordering a Kuryakyn LED Headlight. Has anyone mounted one and how does it do?

Old 11-26-2010 | 12:07 AM
SkBuckwheat
Stage II

LIGHTGUY,
Thanks for the info on the LED lights. I have used LED tailight and clearance lamps on my highway truck for 15 years roughly. They are for sure the light of the future. I was looking hard at them for my bike too, headlight and everywhere else. The headlight is very pricey but I think it may be worth it. In heavy trucks for marker/tail light applications they have been fantastic. Almost never burn out and also many less wiring problems due to corrosion due to moisture, because the have so little current draw. From what little I know your points were right on the money. With headlights, the reflector is crucial. The light has to be put where it is needed! Thanks.

Old 11-26-2010 | 04:27 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the HD LED's, I can tell you they are very bright and have a real wide pattern compaired to anything else I have tried bulb wise. there is just no compairing an LED to a stock light... we took 2 bikes and lined them up side by side in a dark room and directed their lights at a wall, the LED all but canceled out the stock head light. So we tried a Xenon bulb and the result was only slightly better than stock. We then tried a SilverStar bulb and that was better than the other 2 we had tried but no where near the LED. We did not have an HID system to test it against but that is next.

The LED system is very costly But, if you want to see and be seen it is worth every penny IMHO.

Old 11-26-2010 | 01:24 PM
METALKAT
Tourer

I like the technology and appreciate the results, I just can't pull the trigger on a $400 bulb. Thank you for all the info LightGuy and will keep them in mind when the price catches up.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn LED Headlight?