Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Booga
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Kury LED Headlight and really like it. I have trouble seeing at night and the light pattern from this headlight, as well as the brighter, whiter light, have helped tremendously. I have had many comments on it, some good, some not, but for me it was worth the investment in my own safety

Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM
bgersten
Intermediate
Default Kuryakyn vs Harley Davidson

I'm definately going LED soon - but was wondering if there are any opinions regarding the Kuryakyn LED vs the Harley Davidson LED? I haven't seen any bikes carrying the Harley LED yet.

Harley provides a diagram showing a very nice light distribution pattern. Does anyone know ow does the Kuryakyn light pattern compares?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking the Kury light may be a future upgrade. I like the looks of the HD one more (it's so unique looking) but not enough to pay for almost twice as much for it..... but who knows....maybe....

Old 10-06-2010, 02:41 AM
ctf81549
6th Gear

the k lite is made by truck light, i got one from napa auto parts on sale for 199.99, wish i had gotten 2, this lite is killer, the patter is wide and thin, having said that, it lights up the road way better than old light, every one says they can tell its me comming down the road, in a side by side comparrison, three bikes wide, led in the center, i won no contest for standing out , no yellow light just wite, i get noticed in the day and night by cagers, i just put the kissian modulator on, works great

Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

As indicated in this site, the Kury lights are from Custom Dynamics and the price is a bit lower.
High Intensity Plus 7 LED Headlamp

Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 AM
ctf81549
6th Gear

they are not from custom d, custom d uses k part #, they r made by truck light, check it out

Old 10-07-2010, 04:35 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I'll be installing one today. I'll post up my thoughts this evening.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Dalbergia
Tourer

Originally Posted by bgersten
I'm definately going LED soon - but was wondering if there are any opinions regarding the Kuryakyn LED vs the Harley Davidson LED? I haven't seen any bikes carrying the Harley LED yet.
I have the HD LED setup (all LED bike now), the headlamp is a J.W. Speaker Model 8700 ('customized' for the MoCo). I've been trying to find someone with the Custom Dynamics/Kuryakyn/whoever else one willing to do a side by side comparison.

I do know that going down the road at night, I haven't seen any vehicle that lights up the road as well as my bike does now (and my headlamp and passing lamps are properly adjusted, no unfair advantage from aimed too high lamps). Comparing to the light put out from all the bikes, cars, trucks, vans, semis, etc, I have been on the road with at night I have better coverage and brighter light than all of them so far (about three weeks worth of comparisons). Seeing the light they have in front of them, then pulling even with them it is easy to see how much better the light from this LED setup is. Some of them even have HID or LED lamps themselves. The setup the MoCo is offering is worth every penny, based on the quantity and quality of light put out.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 AM
kacawarren
1st Gear
Default LED Headlight

I saw this new LED at Thunder Beach Panama City Fla. It was in a display with other standard headlight units. WOW it was bright. Thats what I will replace my old Headlight with in my HD 2006 Ultra.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
I'll be installing one today. I'll post up my thoughts this evening.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn LED Headlight?