Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Cougar1959
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beammeup, I found their e-bay ad for 259.95. I called them up and asked them, how much more it would cost me to have it shipped 2-day air. They are in California and I am in Texas. They told me, if I would order it right then over the phone, they would give me the 2-day air for free, plus an additional 10% off the e-bay price. Hence the price of $235.00. I have bought several items from them and their customer service has been great. Check'em out. They told me anytime you order from them, over the phone, they automatically give you an additional 10% off the price.

Last edited by Cougar1959; 03-24-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by beammeup
The brown truck will be delivering the Kury phase 6 Truck Lite headlight along with the l.e.d. trim ring. I also ordered H.I.D. passing lamps from Hemrickperformance.com. Working a ton of overtime right now but hope to install them all with the next two weeks. Will definately post some pics so others who haven't purchased these lights might want to consider. I've appreciated all the pics and comments etc that others have made that's for sure.

Ditto. My Kury headlight (Phase 6), LED trim ring and LED passing lamps just arrived yesterday from Eastern Performance. Shame it is suppose to rain and possibly snow this weekend so a test ride is out.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I'm a little late to the party but I put the Kuryakyn Headlamp and Passing Lamps on my UC and I really love the difference in visibility. I've seen a couple of drivers correct their courses in seeing the bright white light where they apparently once saw nothing. Cheers!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, it's been about six months or so since I put the Kury (Trucklight) headlight in and no prolblems and there is no question about it being worth the money.
I also put HID passing lamps on. They are extremely bright, lighting up road signs and everything else like there are spotlights on. What is amazing is that I do not get flashed at all. The HID passing lamps are more visable than the LEDs. That is not to say the LEDs are not visable. They are, but the HID is even more visable. so how do the HID passing lamps compare to the Kury LED passing lamps? Well, my best friend also has an Ultra with LED headlead and the Kury LED passinglamps and he thinks the HIDs are slightly brighter. I think it's dead even although I think the HIDs do illuminate signage somewhat better. No matter what, stock really sucks especially if your vision isn't the very best.
Now having said all of this, there are some downsides to the HID passing lamps. 1 - had to relocate the balasts away from the radio since it caused interference and still get a little AM static. no biggie. 1a have to cut the passiing lamp wires to splice in the HID wires. no biggie. 1b had to drill hole in back of each passing lamp housing for the HID wiring (not noticable) No biggie. 2 on the way back from Toronto last week the right HID quit working. No biggie. But then the second one quit. Still no biggie. But then the headlight quit working - a biggie. Somehow its fuse blew. I can't figure that out since they are not on the same circuit, at least I thought they weren't. Can't be diagnosing proplems and replacing fuses in the middle of the night. So I took the HIDs and balasts out and soldered up the wires and plugged the holes I drilled in the lamp housings and today I get delivered the Kury LED passing lamps. I don't have the time to call the HID company and go through that process of figuring out if it's a bulb or balast, ect. I'm sure they would have made it right, but I just thought it was time to switch over.
Remember - your results may vary. past performance cannot predict future results as they say.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Led is the way to go i have the trucklite one for bout a year with np i love it. Bright day and nite

Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Fluffy
Stage II
Default Kuryakyn LED's - Best accessory on my bike

I have a Phase 7 headlight and Phase 6 passing lights. Sure they were expensive but at what price is your safety?

Vehicles move out of my way now, I get noticed by cagers before they change lanes and I can see at night. All positive outcomes.

Heaps better than the stock items.

The guys I ride with are very impressed impressed with my viability - Be Safe Be Seen.

Although expensive they are heaps cheaper than my insurance excess, I am less likely to have expensive medical bills as I can see the wildlife at night, dangers on the road and cagers know I am there.

My only disappointment is Kuryakyn (TRUCKLITE) don't make the smaller size for my Nightster.

COME ON Kuryakyn (TRUCKLITE), GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND MAKE A DESCENT LED FOR MY SPORTSTER.

It amazes me all the money folk spend on engine performance mods and other accessories yet whinge about the cost of a quality lighting upgrade.

I went down the HID path and came away very disappointed. Sure they are bright but unless your reflector is designed for them they are not legal and the light pattern is crap with light shooting off in all direction right out of control.
I am just waiting for a descent Phase7 style light to be made for my Nightster so I can ditch the HID.

I just fitted a pair of small 30watt Cree LED's to the engine bar of my wife's XL1200L and she can't believe how the cagers now react to her. She said it was the best $200.00 dollars she has spent.

2010 FLHR Road King
2009 XL1200N
A Std Harley - What the hell is that??

Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Yeah ... I've been pondering spending $$ on stereo upgrades/throttle body work and now I inspect this thread. I have several fall rides coming up when daylight is shorter and the critters tend to come out. Leaning on spending $230 for a Truck Lite Phase 7 headlight. Maybe time to put safety/convenience ahead of sound/performance.....

Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Kerwin
Stage II

I have them on my 2010 Ultra Classic and I do see better at night but I do get the occassion hi beam flash from on comers. but hey I know they see me.