Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 06:04 AM
hogdoc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Just try riding a SG or Classic or an Ultra with 130+ HP and 140+ ftlbs of torque and then asking why. Once youve done it youll WANT it!

Old 09-06-2006, 06:54 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes I see a guy rideing his h/d and the only reason he has it , is to impress his buddys, it,s like the young kid that cant wait to buy his first car, ; Man, I got to get a Chevy: The only reason he is buying that brand over another is to fit in with the other guys. Never mind , thinking on his own as to what really fits him. or he needs. I see a lot of that , Maybe it,s from getting older, But I,ve always been an independent thinker. my 2$ Inflation !!!!!

Old 09-06-2006, 11:12 AM
radloser
Intermediate

the older, the cooler it is. it's kinda like the old guy at your job who's been there and done that. they cannot be beat. i would dump my 05 FLHR over a cliff before i got rid of daddy's 50 Pan

Old 09-06-2006, 12:41 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Anthony8858

I'm still trying to figure out which is faster......

A STOCK bike doing 75mph or.....

A bike with stage 1, pipes, and air cleaner doing 75mph.

its not about achieving the speed..... it is how it feels till you get to that speed...

Old 09-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tj Silvertip

FOLKS,
Come on!![:@] all this hate towards the new 96" has me confused a little, guys that have 88"ers upgraded them to give them more horses and torque, and For what ???

Tj
I upgraded because I wanted to. No excuses. No justification needed. "You can't please every one, so got to please yourself."-- Rick Nelson.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Tj Silvertip
Advanced

TRIPPER,
Yep I understand that, I was Just out shooting my SCHAFER SILVERTIP recurve getting ready for PA's Archery season Its a classical bow It has no wheels! no cables! no frills only thrills ! I've killed 42 deer with a recurve bow since 1975 at the age of twelve!! Upgrades? yep I use a No Stretch string,Heavy 765 grain arrows, but with ol'e zwickey broadheads that have been in bizz since 1932 i think ? MY POINT ? Bigger AND more powerfull isn,t always BEST !! just Bigger and more powerfull. Sometimes Nostalgia carry's as much PUNCH as Horsepower to me, Hey a 2-1 EXHAUST,AIR CLEANER,PC3, to me thats like running 93 octane gas in my little 4 banger toyota truck LOL, I guess it's like "BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER" Type thing, Nobody is wrong its all about what appeals to you and you JUST DO IT ! But WOW ! When I see and ol'e couple probably in thier 90's cruising in a MODEL -T ford truck in AMISH FARM COUNRTY and its all original it gives me CHILLS !
Tj

Old 09-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Kinda partial to recurves myself and I never did cotton to the compound bow. Then there is always a longbow....

Old 09-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Longtimegone
Road Captain

I think I will do or not do whatever I want to my bike and any biker around can have the same right. REMEMBER!

Old 09-07-2006, 12:43 PM
talon1674
Cruiser

Man I agree with alot of the comments on this issue. I have an 05 FLHRI, Stage One with V&H Ovals, High flow filter mapped, ect. its really nice riding one, and two up most days. We do a lot of mountain riding, and I do drop down to 4th gear a lot when climbing those beautiful 12,000 to 14,000 ft peaks. However, I TOO ran right into the stealer to look @ the new '07s, and I must admit I ran right back to the service dept and we ran numbers on cams, 95ich jugs, pistons, forged or cast, SE 211 cams, true duals, go with the SE 103 ich, need a new bottom end...geez the list and options were almost infinite. Oh and lets don't forget I was thinking about that EXTRA 6th gear (OD as far I see it) When I left I was thinking for around 1500 bucks I'm going to go for more passing umphs set up. I'm not gonna do hole shots, and beat her up, i want to do a more practical upgrade without refinancing the farm!! He he, but to tell ya ya truth, the 96In frenzy wore off in a couple days and I;ll still be grinnin' up and down the road with my 'ole trusty 88TC. I'll have to revisit that 88or 95 in upgrade this winter when parts and labor are 20% off. Later Sunny

Old 09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

not sure this guy was ready to spend $39,000 on a new bike...hope he didn't hurt the car...

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/3916/

Quick Reply: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON