Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

It's really very simple; to each his own. Some guys leave em bone stock, the next wants pipes, & the next AC & pipes w/a fuel mgr...on & on. It's up to each individual as to what he (or she) wants THEIR bike to be. Ain't it great?

VicW.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:11 PM
PSO169
Road Master

First of all I am just thrilled to be able to have another Harley after a 2 year break. All I did was the stage 1 and vance and hines ovals and of course the air cleaner upgrade. I may think about the 95" upgrade later. For now I am enjoying even riding to work. That is all I have done since I got my Ultra. I have driven my truck twice, in about a month and a half. I love the feeling while I am on my Ultra, I can clear my head and just ride.
Jeff

Old 09-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tj Silvertip

MEN,
Hey I'am not being judgemental honestly, I will upgrade my Road King 07 when I get it nothin major,, but things like Exhaust,air cleaner,pc111 usb, and that will be about it for me. Ok next question for you guys Why dosen't HARLEY-DAVIDSON Just build a couple power plant bikes for the customers who like that kinda stuff??, I mean just build a couple models that are pure power plants and wouldn't they capture more of the market by appealing to the guys who want more powerfull muscle bikes ?
Tj
its money TJ...it would cost more and sales would suffer...but more important is the EPA...HD provides an excellent platform and some like chocolate while others prefer vanilla...no prob...and i never took offense to any of your posts about it...others were abit caustic, so i'll return their favor .... a bone stock stage 1 is a wonderful machine...i loved mine like that for months...since i dont cheat on my wife, i'll build anything includin a lawnmower....if your deal gets old, i'd be the first to offer intelligent, informed help...to gunrunner and his snide remarks, hope your scoot dont break bud(kiss my ***)

Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm riding a Harley because I rode my '94 GL1500 SE to the local shop to get the stinking front fork seals replaced and there by the front door set this 2 tone Police Edition Ultra Classic that I just had to have. I didn't plan on trading but that's how it goes some times when your least expecting.

I love my ULtra Classic but I wish someone could turn down the heat. This is not only my first Harley Davidson, it is the first Harley I've ever ridden.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I can't leave nothing stock
I even drilled out the orfice on my gas grill for more cooking power....OOOwhhhh-----OOOwhhhh

Old 09-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 09-04-2006, 04:04 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: dchoran

Anybody who thinks a STOCK scoot is adequate, needs to see a psychiatrist or put your reservation in to the nursing home soon - IMHO.

And I am over the 1/2 century mark.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
98kingflh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread TJ...As I always say, it takes all kinds to make this world go round. To each his own, I like to mess around with my bikes too, but it all is dependent on what little money I have. Which ain't much. As long as you ride, you're ok in my book..[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Bruce00 - LOL!! Sprayed pepsi on my k-board!

VicW.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

I'm still trying to figure out which is faster......

A STOCK bike doing 75mph or.....

A bike with stage 1, pipes, and air cleaner doing 75mph.

Quick Reply: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON