Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:23 AM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

One word

JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2006, 01:30 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed.

Makes no sense to me..........

Old 09-02-2006, 01:54 AM
dmlong
Tourer

Back in the '80s when I bought my K-Model the only reason my parents let me keep it was because they thought it was too slow to get me in trouble(they were wrong). After riding the K and then a '61 FL for almost 20 years I cant picture myself on a high strung import.
My 99% stock FLHT has more than enough power!

Old 09-02-2006, 02:11 PM
ragingbull
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the connection to our heritage also. I started out with Jap bikes when I was a kid and then on to a shovel hardtail. I was one of those speed freaks back then and was stupid enough to try drag racing drunk with a mechanical drum rear and half brake front. I don't know why I lived but I went through a wooden barricade head first with no helmet and woke up shoulder deep into an industrial chainlink fence. I didn't have a scratch on me but the bike was totalled. I know some people would look on that as stupidity or bad luck but I think it was providence. I swore I wouldn't get on another bike unless it was a Harley. It took over twenty years but I finally am back where I need to be. When I'm on the bike it's like a step into a long line leading back to our past. When you're out there on a dark winding road you can't help but feel the same thing thousands before us did. There's nothing wrong with building more power into your bike if that's what you're into. Just so long as you're out there riding...

Old 09-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Tj Silvertip
Advanced

Men,
Wow Iam releived I thought the only way to have a Harley was to buy it and rip it apart and rebuild it, Iam gonna leav it a 96" but will probably add the small things nothin major i want to keep it as stock as I can, thanks for all the great replys and Again if wrenching is your bag and your hobby and you love to do it thats great to.
Tj

Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both of my bikes have a 95 big bore and cams to facilitate passing and pulling a steep grade while loaded.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:02 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A stock bike sucks for power, I bought my bike with the intent to upgrade my motor, had 117 miles on it the first time the top end came apart .Bought the H-D inpart to there is a lot of performace parts avalible but that is due to the fact that they need it in my oppinion. So ride a stock bike if you want that, thats ok. But I ride a lot with guys with high performace H-D bikes and I for one need all the power I can get my hands on and still have a rideable tour bike. I still get 43.5 mpg crusing (checked it today) my bike is 6mo old topend off 2 times am I done ? not sure but it is fun to ride and yes it is loud but that is my choice and I ride a H-D because I want to and I can!

Old 09-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Tj Silvertip
Advanced

MEN,
Hey I'am not being judgemental honestly, I will upgrade my Road King 07 when I get it nothin major,, but things like Exhaust,air cleaner,pc111 usb, and that will be about it for me. Ok next question for you guys Why dosen't HARLEY-DAVIDSON Just build a couple power plant bikes for the customers who like that kinda stuff??, I mean just build a couple models that are pure power plants and wouldn't they capture more of the market by appealing to the guys who want more powerfull muscle bikes ?
Tj

Old 09-03-2006, 07:56 PM
kpshooter
Cruiser

I concur. My RK Police only has the Stage 1 kit & SE slip-ons - and my 88 does just fine.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 PM
rpt63
Tourer

I'm just glad I am blessed to have a HD no matter what ci or power. Each their own, safe riding, 06 RK.

Quick Reply: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON