Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:21 PM
PosseRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

You build it , because you can!!!!!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:21 PM
wvrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tj...thanks for throwing out there what many of us have thought for quite some time. I have this type of conversation regularly with budies of mine. I tell them, if you what speed, why not buy a bike (V-ROD?) that's made for it. I bought mine to cruise and could care less how fast it can go, or how fast it can get there. It's a cruiser so lets cruise.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:27 PM
PosseRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tj Silvertip

But HARLEYS are a Classic thing and need to be treated as such
Tj
Yeah they may be. But, we were rodding them in the 50's too. Damn , guess I'm a "Classic" too!!! LOL

Old 09-01-2006, 09:46 PM
waffler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me an 07 with a 96"motor and a stage 1 with a free flowing exaust (not to loud) is what a stock harley should feel like. just my .02

Old 09-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master

I loves mine. Unless something breaks, or I really need to fix somthing and an upgrade is almost logical, she stays as she is.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Yep, feel that same as TJ, I like my Stock 06 UC just fine, but I agree with some of the others, speed and power is a rush.....

I'll keep mine stock except for some SE slip ons, air box change and a stage 1, but then that me and my bike.

If you motor heads and I thank you for being one, want the change and make is fast, I'll watch and support your efforts..like to watch them fast HD growl...me, I'm just a old fart crusing down lifes highway

Old 09-02-2006, 12:06 AM
lowleveldriver
Tourer

Bravo Tj Bravo

[sm=signs007.gif]

Old 09-02-2006, 12:30 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll join the chorus. My Ultra is just the sweetest motorcycle I have ever owned, including a Honda Aspencade, A BMW, and more older HD's. While I admit to be attracted to the new 96" motor and six speed, I can't bear the thought of parting with my current ride. I rode it down to Las Vegas and back today without breaking a sweat, cruising at 75-80 both ways, a 247 mile ride.

I did do the Stage I thing because I felt it was a little restricted when two up. But I don't think knowing what I do now, that I would go down that road again. It has 48,000 miles on it now, the cam chain tensioners have been done, and I look forward to another 48,000 miles. It don't need nothing more. I be happy.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me a Harley Davidson has a historic appeal that cannot be matched by any other motorcycle. I do military reenacting as a hobby, and when asked why by people I often tell them that it's the next best thing to a time machine. To try and put myself in "the moment" as best I can. I never forget for a minute who I really am, but I get a thrill from it most of the time. Riding a Harley is a similar thing. The brand and style are historic. While riding I often think of all the Harley riders through the last century who rode the same routes I'm riding. I look at old homes and businesses I pass and try to visualize a knucklehead passing the same place back in 1936. Or a war surplus WLA riden by a WW2 vet cruising by in '46. Panheads and shovelheads stopping in at the Indian Tee Pee motels and road side attractions of the post war pre-interstate boom years. Engine mods? Why not if that's what you are into. Me, I prefer to leave mine stock and just live the dream of having my own HD. But that's just me. Who cares what year it was made or what everybody thinks is "wrong" with it. It's all just splitting hairs as far as I'm concerned. The Japaneese and European makes may have the refinement and technology, but they will never match the emotional appeal of Harley Davidson.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:22 AM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

To those of us that can't leave them stock, think of it this way. "Harley builds them, we make them ours"

Quick Reply: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON