Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Tj Silvertip
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFMAO ! YEP beer and lap dances !!
Tj

Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 PM
jackj
Banned

I agree with all that is said below, however I went with the 95" motor because I make alot of looooooong rides with a buddy that has a 103 SE, and believe me there is a BIG difference in the way the bikes take hills, passing etc. & supraising fuel economy, (the 103 gets about .4 of a tank better!, I did not want to go faster, I just want some of that "Mule" power that the 103 has.
ORIGINAL: Tj Silvertip

FOLKS,
Come on!![:@] all this hate towards the new 96" has me confused a little, guys that have 88"ers upgraded them to give them more horses and torque, and For what ??? I can understand small upgrades, EXHAUST for either power or sound, Air Cleaners, pc3s ect all not a drasatic upgrade but relatively cheap, but some of you guys totally rebuilt your engines and if your a good wrench and that is your favorite pass time and hobbie iam cool with that Ive read near $5,000.oo for some jobs if it stops there.
Heres my point ! A H-D is about cruising and having time to see the deer,turkeys,the great mother earth and great friends to do it with and all on a beautifull day, Hell if going fast and having the most powerfull Bike on the road is really your bag why not buy a CRTOTCH ROCKET that goes 150 mph in no time at all ?? I thought H-D was about the rumble! the cruise ! the friends ! them classic looking since 1903 bikes ! When I get my 07 road king I'll do the small upgrades but when Iam old and I give my son the keys ? he'll still be riding a 96"
Tj

Old 09-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ya know fella's i dont bang or make fun of you doo-dad guys...i enjoy having power...love the way it sounds..yall are mistaken into thinkin power is good for nothin else but haulin ***...fact is i ride slower than most of you...but i love the crackle of performance and the sound of power...cant stand it when a harley sounds like its got a potatoe stuck in its pipe...i am an accomplished wrench, built lots of motors...i enjoy it, its a challenge...so what if i spent 5k or whatever, i might have made that by noon that day, yall dont know...but since some think i'm silly, next time your dingle dont dongle, take it to the stealer and they'll fix you right up

Old 09-01-2006, 06:29 PM
beyondbob
Novice

for me it was all about getting to where i was going.now it's all about enjoying the ride there and back

Old 09-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

I agree. My bagger is for cruising. It's all about comfort and looking good! If I want to go fast I jump on my V-Rod. The V-Rod hasn't gotten much use since I bought the Street Glide last September, so what does that tell ya!

Old 09-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Tj Silvertip
Advanced

Byran,
I think if you look back in my posts you'll read where I said we are all gratefull for you wrench's that like to make something good even better and it's better technology that betters all of our rides, "BUT"!!!! If all your concerned about is making fast faster, better greater, Maybe drag racing or CAFE racing is more to your liking, But HARLEYS are a Classic thing and need to be treated as such, A Monte Carlo shell on top a 600 Horse power nascar is not a MONTE CARLO ! Know what I mean VERN ???
Tj

Old 09-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree Tj Silvertip, well said. I think it is this sites fault . Everyone is talking about it and you become brain washed and want to do the same.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:03 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

I've got a 70 Plymouth Barracuda with a hemi in it, and a dragstrip 20 miles from the house. If I wanna go fast that's all I need. The Harley is my relaxin' machine, thank you very much. I had a hot rod bike once and figured out that I had no business having a bike like that, cuz I had a hard time behavin myself on it. My hats off to all you guys pushing the technology on your bikes, if not for you we might still be riding 80 inchers. I know where you're coming from since I've been into musclecars longer than I've been riding and I know how it feels when you wring a few more horses out of your machine! The important thing here is that we're all in the wind!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:15 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple answer, it's a being in control issue.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Anybody who thinks a STOCK scoot is adequate, needs to see a psychiatrist or put your reservation in to the nursing home soon - IMHO.

And I am over the 1/2 century mark.

Quick Reply: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON