Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Se 120r complete engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:52 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 339 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector 12
Don't guess I posted in this thread but got the results of the tune this week. End result is 139.92 hp and 133.70 tq. Really looking forward to next weekend so I can blast down to Portland and pick it up.

Dyno sheet is posted over in the dyna model thread.
Inspector, what cams and exhaust did you go with. Apparently the tune on mine is about 10 HP low...

Fuel? [It shouldn't matter...]

I'm after torque, and can't remember the numbers. I haven't seen the sheet, just talked to the shop manager.

Supertrapp has all discs in [for torque - I think...]

curious.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Inspector 12
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
Inspector, what cams and exhaust did you go with. Apparently the tune on mine is about 10 HP low...

Fuel? [It shouldn't matter...]

I'm after torque, and can't remember the numbers. I haven't seen the sheet, just talked to the shop manager.

Supertrapp has all discs in [for torque - I think...]

curious.
I went with the Vance and Hines Pro pipe Hi output. As to cams, just what came stock in the engine. The only upgrade I did was a set of SE roller rockers. If I had to guess the horsepower on mine came from Latus Motors. First in the fact that Mike Stegmann tuned it, and second from the Latus Motors Racing throttle body and intake manifold.

The only other thing I did differently than most is went with the K&N RK 3910 air filter and backing plate.

My torque curve on this bike starts a little later than my Street Glide but sure carries the torque and power out a lot further on the top end.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:37 PM
HFS
Club Member

I went with the Vance and Hines Pro pipe Hi output. As to cams, just what came stock in the engine. The only upgrade I did was a set of SE roller rockers. If I had to guess the horsepower on mine came from Latus Motors. First in the fact that Mike Stegmann tuned it, and second from the Latus Motors Racing throttle body and intake manifold.

The only other thing I did differently than most is went with the K&N RK 3910 air filter and backing plate.

My torque curve on this bike starts a little later than my Street Glide but sure carries the torque and power out a lot further on the top end.
Cool,

I thought about the roller rockers, but where does it end?

I might look at a torque cam next year. perhaps just get out and ride...

Oh, for some reason I want the DD7 as well. creeper first gear, and 7th is 1:1.

It doesn't end...

Old 03-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Inspector 12
Road Master

FLHXHS, I realized you asked about fuel a couple of replies up, my bike was tuned with 91 octane premium pump gas and it may have ended up with some ethanol fuel in it during the tune process. Mike wanted to tune the bike to the fuel that was likely to be available at the pump.

I generally run Conoco fuel as we can still get there here without any ethanol in it.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 PM
HFS
Club Member

FLHXHS, I realized you asked about fuel a couple of replies up, my bike was tuned with 91 octane premium pump gas and it may have ended up with some ethanol fuel in it during the tune process. Mike wanted to tune the bike to the fuel that was likely to be available at the pump.

I generally run Conoco fuel as we can still get there here without any ethanol in it.
Hey Inspector 12,

As far as gas here, Chevron has 94 Octane available. I keep a look out when I go south to Washington / Oregon, but can't find the higher octane [94+] down there. Conoco has it?

Did you're bike climb a bit in numbers after a break in period?

Is there any snow in Yakima? If not I'm guessin you've been out riding a time or two.

Later
FLHXHS

Old 03-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Inspector 12
Road Master

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
Hey Inspector 12,

As far as gas here, Chevron has 94 Octane available. I keep a look out when I go south to Washington / Oregon, but can't find the higher octane [94+] down there. Conoco has it?

Did you're bike climb a bit in numbers after a break in period?

Is there any snow in Yakima? If not I'm guessin you've been out riding a time or two.

Later
FLHXHS
Actually the bike is still at the shop. They just finished the tune mid week and I had to make a trip for NHRA to Boise Idaho this weekend. Planning to pick the bike up either this week or on the weekend.

Conoco here is only 91 octane, but does not have the 10% ethanol that most stations add.

Weather here is warming, no snow but rained most of the weekend and the forecast this week is for showers.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Dying to see a Streetglide with a 131 in it.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser

This may be the longest living thread I ever started without being banned. Lol.
Took my bike to an Indy to replace the SE race clutch, because it was so hard to pull it was flat out dangerous in my opinion. Had them install the Rivera pro clutch after being advised from several members on this forum and another. I love it. I can take off again with only two fingers covering the clutch lever.

The Indy was impressed, very impressed with the motor and is going to buy one. Said its too much bang for the buck. Go figure.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser

So, how are your 120R's running?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:50 PM
niinjoosum
Advanced

After 5 months, I have gotten use to the SE clutch pull but I dont look for traffic. Miles just roll by. For those who ask MPG ranges from low 20's to 40. No problems with the engine all is good.

Quick Reply: Se 120r complete engine?