Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Se 120r complete engine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I can't comment too much on the technical end of things here, but my Dad just had the 120" put in his tri-glide because he couldn't stand the performance of the stock 103" that came with the bike. He had it put in last week and picked it up Tuesday. He hasn't had a chance to put too many miles on it as it's been raining here. I'll tell you this though, he pulled into my driveway immediately after picking it up from the dealership and it will pull the front end up in three gears which is a lot more than his stock 103 did. I'm trying to talk him into taking it over to Michigan City to have it dyno'd as I am completely unfamiliar with the SEPST that came with the engine. I'd like to see him spend another 300 or so for a tune just for peace of mind to know that all of the AFR's are correct as I don't have a lot of faith in most HD wrenches. When they're "on the clock" they're told to "get it done", not to be thorough. In any event, even with the limited amount of miles he's got on it at this point he seems very satisfied overall.

Attached Thumbnails Se 120r complete engine?-100_0613-1600x1200-.jpg   Se 120r complete engine?-100_0615-1600x1200-.jpg  

Last edited by jeff.georgalas; 10-23-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Well, I can't comment too much on the technical end of things here, but my Dad just had the 120" put in his tri-glide because he couldn't stand the performance of the stock 103" that came with the bike. He had it put in last week and picked it up Tuesday. He hasn't had a chance to put too many miles on it as it's been raining here. I'll tell you this though, he pulled into my driveway immediately after picking it up from the dealership and it will not pull the front end up in three gears which is a lot more than his stock 103 did. I'm trying to talk him into taking it over to Michigan City to have it dyno'd as I am completely unfamiliar with the SEPST that came with the engine. I'd like to see him spend another 300 or so for a tune just for peace of mind to know that all of the AFR's are correct as I don't have a lot of faith in most HD wrenches. When they're "on the clock" they're told to "get it done", not to be thorough. In any event, even with the limited amount of miles he's got on it at this point he seems very satisfied overall.
Michigan City Indiana, from Illinois?

I know a guy in Beecher Illinois that is a super pro at tuning. He has two dyno's and a reputation like no other. People come from Michigan and further to have him tune. Valley Racing, Beecher IL. PM me if you need contact info. That bike will be it's best in every riding scenario, when Brian is through with it.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Michigan City Indiana, from Illinois?

I know a guy in Beecher Illinois that is a super pro at tuning. He has two dyno's and a reputation like no other. People come from Michigan and further to have him tune. Valley Racing, Beecher IL. PM me if you need contact info. That bike will be it's best in every riding scenario, when Brian is through with it.
The problem is, it's a trike and there aren't many people out there with dyno's capable of dyno'ing a trike, is this guy you're referring to able to dyno a trike?

Old 10-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
The problem is, it's a trike and there aren't many people out there with dyno's capable of dyno'ing a trike, is this guy you're referring to able to dyno a trike?
That is a good question that I totally didn't even think about.

Trying to visualize his dyno, and I doubt that it would work.

What a dumb oversite on my part. But I will shoot him an email to see if he can recommend anybody closer. (or be able to do it himself).

Sorry about the foot-in-mouth. LOL

Old 10-23-2010, 07:24 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the help! The only reason I said the Michigan City dealership is because another forum memer did a search for me (thank you mike!) and he found that one, and it sounded like that's the closest one to us. If that's the case, it's only a couple of hours away and worth the trip if the tuner is worth his weight in salt!

Old 10-24-2010, 06:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick1964
Hmmm, when my engine was changed it came with a different compensator. Did it change my gearing, do you think? It seems I'm in 6th gear sooner and more often than before. I just thought I was riding faster.
If your engine is bigger and/or more highly tuned, it will accelerate more easily and get you to 6th sooner. It's possible your new compensator is an SE one, but I am not sure if that also changes the gearing.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

but I am not sure if that also changes the gearing.
It won't. I was looking fro one that would, when I put mine in.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
acbobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about one of these baby's!!!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Photo John
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two up for sale and ready to ship on Ebay right now...

Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are three now. $4999.95
Excellent value.

Quick Reply: Se 120r complete engine?