Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Se 120r complete engine?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Exduane
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilM
Ya know guys... I am eager to hear a lot of thorough and concise feedback on these.

There is a thread on VTF, in which the owner got his bike back already & Ive been following that one too.

I believe I may have an install of one of these units come soon too, so I'd really like to leverage what you guys learn on your installs.

Question(s) for both of ya... What TB did you go with? The S/E 58 or possibly the HPI modified stock unit?
What injectors? HPI Yellow Bands...???...
What exhaust? BoarZilla (hopefully)?
Which version of the motor is it? The 10.5:1 version, or the 11+:1 version with the "Hurricane Heads?

Now that I've been giving more thought to these motors, I am thinking a TMan 590 cam would really ROCK that config. It would seriously bring the torque back towards the left side of the chart, with minimal impact on the topend HP (that most NEVER hit anyway).

Good luck with your builds guys, and by all means please provide honest feedback so the lurkers can make better informed decisions.

I haven't taken delivery of mine yet. The tech's are have big problems with that SE race clutch, they can't get it to disengage fully. As Dick pointed out it is VERY, VERY stiff. Damn near unmanageable. They tell me Harley is aware of the problem but may not have a fix until sometime in November. The senior tech is recommending I either go back to the stock clutch until Harley comes up with a fix or go with a Barnett setup. I am leaning towards the Barnett, but I'm by no means a gear-head so a lot of this is Chinese to me. I'm a little pissed and a lot confused. Any thoughts?

BTW, I have the SE 58 TB, the larger injectors (like Dick), V&H Pro-Pipe exhaust, not sure which compression version I have (I'll get back to you on that).

Old 09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

BTW, I have the SE 58 TB, the larger injectors (like Dick), V&H Pro-Pipe exhaust, not sure which compression version I have (I'll get back to you on that).
most likley the advertised 10.5:1version with that T/B
if you had the 12:1 version it would have extras to put the cost up around 7500.00 depending on your source.
hurricane heads
RX 267 cams
62 mm T/B

Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a response to an E-mail I sent to JIMS

Thank you for your e-mail. JIMS cranks use a heavy interference press fit. Standard press fits are usually around .002"-.003". JIMS press fit is around .008" interference. This is a substantial increase. Adding this increased durability and then putting a Race Weld on top of this is what makes JIMS able to handle such high horsepower. These added durability's help JIMS flywheels be the number 1 choice for racers and high performance builders in the aftermarket industry.

Please remember to check out JIMS Facebook page and become a fan so you can be among the first to see our new releases, dealer specials, and JIMS current events.
Thank you,
Margot Durham
JIMS
805-482-6913

If this is indeed the crank used in the 120r it sounds stout.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:19 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

deleted post

Last edited by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$; 09-30-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

think you need to get PhilM to ride the bike and make some wheely videos one up.
post some pics of your girlfriend I have a quieter bike.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by springer 03
Here is a response to an E-mail I sent to JIMS

Thank you for your e-mail. JIMS cranks use a heavy interference press fit. Standard press fits are usually around .002"-.003". JIMS press fit is around .008" interference. This is a substantial increase. Adding this increased durability and then putting a Race Weld on top of this is what makes JIMS able to handle such high horsepower. These added durability's help JIMS flywheels be the number 1 choice for racers and high performance builders in the aftermarket industry.

Please remember to check out JIMS Facebook page and become a fan so you can be among the first to see our new releases, dealer specials, and JIMS current events.
Thank you,
Margot Durham
JIMS
805-482-6913

If this is indeed the crank used in the 120r it sounds stout.
I know you have probably read this on the other forums where you posted this info.
but here goes anyway. LOL
talked to Jim's today and they dont make the crank.
it is A SE crank

Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser

It's on the dyno now. First pull with can map and no adjustments was 120/120. A definite dip somewhere between 3700-4200 that I was complaining about. Scrapped the super tuner and going to use TTS, because that is what tuner prefers. All the same to me.

I'll keep you posted and get chart when finished.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:40 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

Originally Posted by Dick1964
It's on the dyno now. First pull with can map and no adjustments was 120/120. A definite dip somewhere between 3700-4200 that I was complaining about. Scrapped the super tuner and going to use TTS, because that is what tuner prefers. All the same to me.

I'll keep you posted and get chart when finished.

The suspense is killing me. Too bad you don't have a phone that could stream video to us.

Anyone think an oil temp gauge would be a must have for this engine?

What's the recommended RPM range on this thing? Will it go on up to 7000 rpm without hurting anything?

Last edited by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$; 10-02-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:54 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Old 10-03-2010, 03:42 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Give me an email addy and I'll send send you the map to post. I don't know how.

Quick Reply: Se 120r complete engine?