Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Se 120r complete engine?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Exduane
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Just got back from the dealer, bike is really coming along now...just waiting on new set of injectors. Oh, and that stock 96" does look pretty damn good in my living room!

Attached Thumbnails Se 120r complete engine?-2011-road-glide-build-part-2-1-.jpg   Se 120r complete engine?-2011-road-glide-stock-motor-10-.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser

I'm waiting for the ACR harnes. I normally don't look forward to Monday. This may be the first.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Blueneck
Intermediate
Location: at the bottom of the world, just a rocks though from the ice
Default any word on the new 120r

Comon dude waiting with baited breath lol

Old 09-26-2010, 09:38 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know guys... I am eager to hear a lot of thorough and concise feedback on these.

There is a thread on VTF, in which the owner got his bike back already & Ive been following that one too.

I believe I may have an install of one of these units come soon too, so I'd really like to leverage what you guys learn on your installs.

Question(s) for both of ya... What TB did you go with? The S/E 58 or possibly the HPI modified stock unit?
What injectors? HPI Yellow Bands...???...
What exhaust? BoarZilla (hopefully)?
Which version of the motor is it? The 10.5:1 version, or the 11+:1 version with the "Hurricane Heads?

Now that I've been giving more thought to these motors, I am thinking a TMan 590 cam would really ROCK that config. It would seriously bring the torque back towards the left side of the chart, with minimal impact on the topend HP (that most NEVER hit anyway).

Good luck with your builds guys, and by all means please provide honest feedback so the lurkers can make better informed decisions.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Blueneck
Comon dude waiting with baited breath lol
I'm sorry, dude. I posted some videos in the wrong thread.

I got it back yesterday. Didn't get many miles on it because naturally it started raining here.

What you want to know? It is very tame at low speeds, which surprised me. Still needs a custom tune (next Saturday). Will have chart then too. Race clutch is a beast to pull. Really don't like it.

Phil might be right about the cam. I'm thinking more power lower in the revs. I was also told to ride it a bit before I changed anything. That I just might like it when I started using the power. Haven't really gotten into it yet. We will see. Simple fix if cams need to be swapped.

ACR seem to work well.

Let me know if I can help you with anything specific. I'm not a good writer.
I have 58mm
I have larger injectors
I have Fat Cat w/ performance baffle. Boarzillas are on back order.
Don't know compression. I'll work on that.
Heads are the heads that came on regular crate motor.
Can't wait to get you dyno chart.

I won't change anything until I get it on the dyno, so I can have a comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PESZF1QWays
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKcGH6xGPIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37t7L13xyns

Old 09-26-2010, 01:30 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Hotdammit man why did you post that video? You are going to be the reason for my divorce hehe. Sounds awsome.

Why did you go with the Race clutch was it necessary?

Old 09-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Hotdammit man why did you post that video? You are going to be the reason for my divorce hehe. Sounds awsome.

Why did you go with the Race clutch was it necessary?
It was recommended. You know when you're buying something out of their book and it says you also need part number blah blah or recommend blah blah. Well I blah blahed.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:42 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PhilM
Ya know guys... I am eager to hear a lot of thorough and concise feedback on these.

There is a thread on VTF, in which the owner got his bike back already & Ive been following that one too.

I believe I may have an install of one of these units come soon too, so I'd really like to leverage what you guys learn on your installs.

Question(s) for both of ya... What TB did you go with? The S/E 58 or possibly the HPI modified stock unit?
What injectors? HPI Yellow Bands...???...
What exhaust? BoarZilla (hopefully)?
Which version of the motor is it? The 10.5:1 version, or the 11+:1 version with the "Hurricane Heads?

Now that I've been giving more thought to these motors, I am thinking a TMan 590 cam would really ROCK that config. It would seriously bring the torque back towards the left side of the chart, with minimal impact on the topend HP (that most NEVER hit anyway).

Good luck with your builds guys, and by all means please provide honest feedback so the lurkers can make better informed decisions.

Phil
I was thinking more like the T-Man 662-1
what ya think?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:18 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by strokerjlk
Phil
I was thinking more like the T-Man 662-1
what ya think?
Well, it really depends on where ya want the power. Additionally, if you can get comparable results with that much less valve motion, you will have significantly reduced the beating on the entire valve-train (especially the lifters).

I think if I were going that way, I'd probably look at the 662-2.

Any of them (590, 662-1, 662-2) would almost certainly be a dramatic improvement.

I am really eager to get this one installed & see what we can do with it.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:05 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PhilM
Well, it really depends on where ya want the power. Additionally, if you can get comparable results with that much less valve motion, you will have significantly reduced the beating on the entire valve-train (especially the lifters).

I think if I were going that way, I'd probably look at the 662-2.

Any of them (590, 662-1, 662-2) would almost certainly be a dramatic improvement.

I am really eager to get this one installed & see what we can do with it.
I agree it depends on where ya want the power.
my thinking on the 662-1 is it is basically the same lift as the standard SE 266 that comes in the 120R. but with a intake closing of 45 deg vs the 266's 58 deg.
the 662-2 closes at 51 deg still moves it to the left more than the 266. but not quite as much as the 661-1. the 590 closes at 44 deg but much less lift. yes it would be easier on the valve train for sure. do they make the 590 in a 07 up chain. I thought it was a gear drive only cam?
I cant wait myself to get one. probably tune in stages. leave the 266 in there and see what it does. try a few diff exhaust,then advance the 266 4 deg. and do again...after that try another cam???? and so on and so on LOL

Quick Reply: Se 120r complete engine?