Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screwed up, How do i fix this problem - help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
izzy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe put the bike on the ground and try again with another pair of hands.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
fatboyNick
Cruiser

one more thing, if you remove the new grab rail from the bike and have just the chrome verticle covers that go over the grab rail mounts, the fender holes still do not locate to the cover holes.
When the grab rail is amounted and you want to attach the fender, I would need to put a long screw driver into the hole and pry the fender up so the holes are accessible but once you remove the screw drive it snaps down and goes back out of range.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:54 PM
fatboyNick
Cruiser

Originally Posted by izzy
maybe put the bike on the ground and try again with another pair of hands.

I will be home in about an hour and i will try it on the ground, if it does not work I will start to back track again and see if it makes any changes.
This should be easy to do, not hard as I made it, it just don't make any sense, it has to be something simple I did wrong......

Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

When just replaced mine due to a broken fender strut attachment on the grab rail. I had to manuver the fender arount to line it up. I have the rubber bumper on my UC so I used a flat bar between the bumper and the fender to raise it into place from ther rear.

I don't know if it matters but when I replace shocks I always attach the top first then the bottom by moving the swingarm to where it needs to be.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 PM
fatboyNick
Cruiser

well it is on and bolted up, I took the advice and dropped it on the ground and she lined up, sheesssss, so simple a cave man could have done it but I didn't see it.... thanks to all that replied..

Old 08-03-2010, 12:32 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

hi nick. that's my siberian huskys name. as far as getting things to go back together, you might want to have a friend with you as you loosen stuff to where everything can relax into position. take your time and study what you did to cause the screw up, and it'll all come back into place. you may want to have your bike on the lift and use a car floor jack under the rear tire carefully. that's where you'd need a friends help so it doesn't rok off the bike lift. it's very do-able, just take your time and study what you got.