Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

under seat accessory recepticle.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010 | 01:52 PM
jimski
|
Road Master
Default under seat accessory recepticle.

According to my owners manual, there's a accessory recepticle under the seat of my 07 SG that requires seat removal to access (how convenient!). Does anyone know if it will work with a Slime portable tire inflator/compressor male plug?

I picked up a nail in my rear tire last week but fortunately the leakage rate was slow enough that I made it home. However, I'm thinking of purchasing one of those slime compressors if it will run off of the accessory recepticle.

Old 08-02-2010 | 02:08 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior

The plug under your saddle is to plug in add on HD lights and is worked off the switch on the dash. It is not a "lighter" plug for use with the compressor.

Be Safe JIM

Old 08-02-2010 | 02:13 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Although I think they make a lighter plug for use with the accessory power.

Old 08-02-2010 | 02:16 PM
DBlass
Tourer

I found the two pin connector designed for a battery charger under the left side cover. I bought a mating connector and extended it out and soldered on a cigarette lighter adapter to the end. When on the road, I can hook it up and charge my iPhone which is in my small windhield pouch. I took my bike camping and used it to run a small pump to blow up my air mattress. When I don't need/want it, I simply unplug it and keep in the the garage.

I only issue I found is that the battery charger circuit has an in-line fuse rated at 7.5 Amps. I changed it out with a 15 A fuse since the pump pulled 12 Amps and kept blowing the fuse. I have the 7.5 fuse so I can swap it if I plug in a battery charger back in.

I'm certain it probably violates some warranty issues but this connector goes straight to the battery. I know enough about circuits to know it can't hurt anything (short of the fuse issue).

Old 08-02-2010 | 02:19 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

You can get the power plug kit from Harley and cut and fit what you need for the compressor

Old 08-02-2010 | 02:33 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Also you can hook up to the hot lead on the starter and ground to the frame,I put clips on my compressor instead of the cig lighter plug

Old 08-02-2010 | 03:34 PM
vzts4q
Road Master

Originally Posted by jimski
According to my owners manual, there's a accessory recepticle under the seat of my 07 SG that requires seat removal to access (how convenient!). Does anyone know if it will work with a Slime portable tire inflator/compressor male plug?

I picked up a nail in my rear tire last week but fortunately the leakage rate was slow enough that I made it home. However, I'm thinking of purchasing one of those slime compressors if it will run off of the accessory recepticle.
You have a Street Glide just use the cigarette lighter. It will work just fine contrary the what the manual says.
The under seat recepticle also has a running light and brake light feed for running acessories that need that function. Like the Saddlebag Lid Spoiler Kit

BTW the recepticle under the seat is a 4 place Deutsch Connector

Attached Images  

Last edited by vzts4q; 08-02-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2010 | 03:35 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer

A Buddy had a flat last year on a Trip. We plugged the Tire and used my Slime comp. to inflate right off the Cig Lighter. The plug blew out at least twice more before we reached an HD dealer. The Slime comp. worked fine without issue.

Old 08-02-2010 | 04:15 PM
jimski
|
Road Master

Thanks to all that took the time to reply. I don't have a cigerette lighter on my 07. Perhaps some of the later 07's do? Anyway, I'll look into the kit that one of you mentioned that will convert it into that type of recepticle.
Also, I'd like to extend the wiring so that I can access it without removing the seat, if possible.

Thanks Guys.

Old 08-02-2010 | 04:31 PM
r.i. streetglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by jimski
Thanks to all that took the time to reply. I don't have a cigerette lighter on my 07. Perhaps some of the later 07's do? Anyway, I'll look into the kit that one of you mentioned that will convert it into that type of recepticle.
Also, I'd like to extend the wiring so that I can access it without removing the seat, if possible.

Thanks Guys.
if you have an 07 sg witch i have and early model you have a cig lighter. did u by it used or new, if new i should have one they all can standard with them if use then someone removed it

Quick Reply: under seat accessory recepticle.