Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

under seat accessory recepticle.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010 | 04:57 PM
jimski
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by r.i. streetglide
if you have an 07 sg witch i have and early model you have a cig lighter. did u by it used or new, if new i should have one they all can standard with them if use then someone removed it
I bought it new and it does not have a cigarette lighter. My SG was one of the earlier builds. It has tubed tires with spoked rims. As you know most of the 07 SG's had the cast wheels with tubeless tires. So, there are some differences in that year.

Old 08-02-2010 | 05:17 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jimski
I bought it new and it does not have a cigarette lighter. My SG was one of the earlier builds. It has tubed tires with spoked rims. As you know most of the 07 SG's had the cast wheels with tubeless tires. So, there are some differences in that year.
Are you sure? Down low on the left side of the inner fairing?

Old 08-02-2010 | 05:18 PM
r.i. streetglide
Advanced

im no expert by any means my sg production date is 4/07 and i started looking at them in january of that year and on the hd web site shows them standard with the cig lighter and also cast wheels were standard and spoked wheels were an upgrade. not sure why yours doesnt have one i would check with the dealer to see what the deal is

Old 08-02-2010 | 05:34 PM
jimski
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by stro1965
Are you sure? Down low on the left side of the inner fairing?
No cigarette lighter on either side. Please take my word for it. I've looked more than once for one on both sides. The "shipped date" on my SG was 11-13-06.

Yes, the spoked rims were an upgrade/option. However, I never ordered them. My scoot showed up at the dealership with them. Why?...I don't know. Perhaps they were out of stock on the cast rims. Or maybe I got a bike that someone else ordered but cancelled. Anyway, I refused to pay for them because I told the salesman that I wouldn't pay for an option that I did not order Or want, for that matter.

Last edited by jimski; 08-02-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2010 | 05:44 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member

This is one of the ways I power my devices https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...saddlebag.html I also have a Powerlet mounted by the horn. The saddlebag connector has a Y-Adaptor one Cigarette Lighter the other SAE, I use the SAE for my Slime Compressor.

Old 08-02-2010 | 07:43 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

jimski: Just curious. Is your inner fairing painted? If so the dealer may have switched out the black matte factory one with a painted one from a Electraglide explaining the missing lighter port on the lower left side of the inner fairing.

I have one of the original 2006 Street Glides and I and everyone I know that has any year SG has the lighter. Weird.

Also re: Accessory receptacle. Could they mean that empty space at the end of the gas tank under where the seat meets instead of some sort of electrical receptacle?

There is a void there and it's where I have the compressor for my adjustable air ride installed.

Sorry if the questions are dumb. Just trying to shed some light on these 2 mysteries.

Old 08-02-2010 | 07:50 PM
tombeving
Road Master

I took the aligator clip connector from my battery tender, cut the clips off, and soldered them to the end of my compressor. Now all I have to do is plug my compressor into the pig tail from my battery.

Old 08-02-2010 | 08:04 PM
jimski
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Primo
jimski: Just curious. Is your inner fairing painted? If so the dealer may have switched out the black matte factory one with a painted one from a Electraglide explaining the missing lighter port on the lower left side of the inner fairing.

I have one of the original 2006 Street Glides and I and everyone I know that has any year SG has the lighter. Weird.

Also re: Accessory receptacle. Could they mean that empty space at the end of the gas tank under where the seat meets instead of some sort of electrical receptacle?

There is a void there and it's where I have the compressor for my adjustable air ride installed.

Sorry if the questions are dumb. Just trying to shed some light on these 2 mysteries.
Well, thanks to stro1965, I now know what should have been in that small hole down on the left side. Right now, there's only a hole. Maybe my scoot was built on a Monday......I'll stop by the dealer later this week. They should be able to order me a lighter and socket. I've never been a smoker so I never looked for it until recently.

Regarding your other question, my owners manual shows a picture of the "accessory connector" on page 67. It appears right next to the battery under the seat. It looks as though it has a cap on it. I've never taken the seat off of my scoot, so I can't give you any more info regarding it.

Old 08-02-2010 | 08:57 PM
vzts4q
Road Master

No cigarette lighter on either side. Please take my word for it. I've looked more than once for one on both sides. The "shipped date" on my SG was 11-13-06.
Never seen a Street Glide with out one. Look at the attached picture then look at your bike again.

Attached Thumbnails under seat accessory recepticle.-lighter.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010 | 09:18 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior

My '07 SG I bought in August of '06 and it has one. If you are missing the lighter and receptacle, you got ripped. I can see the lighter missing possibly, but not the receptacle.