Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: If you have denim paint - would you do it again?
Yes, it's easy to care for and I still love the way it looks
61.97%
No way, too hard to keep clean and repair scratches
12.68%
I can take it or leave it
25.35%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Denim Paint - Are you Sorry You Got It?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I personally don't care for chrome and shiny paint. Ok, let me rephrase that, I HATE both!

I saw the denim black one day while in the dealer just to see what was out there because I knew I was going to buy myself a bike. After I saw it, I knew it was going to be mine. Funny thing is I waited a few weeks before purchasing it and it was still there.

I love the paint! I love how it looks and doesn't shine. I love how people look at my bike wondering why the hell did I buy that color. I love how my bike has minimal chrome and eventually it will all be gone. I love how the parts on most peoples bikes are chrome and mine are polished. It's a different bike for sure! And when I add the suicide clutch and tank shifter, it will be even more different. Even more people will wonder what the hell I'm doing. That's exactly the way I like it.

On the other side of the spectrum, I get people who tell me that's a bad @$$ bike. I really don't care what people have to say, it's my bike and I'm doing it the way I want whether they like it or not.

I hope the paint gets even more dull and uglier as time goes by. Scratches and nicks, whatever, it doesn't bother me. It just gives it even more character.

IMO, people who regret buying a denim bike bought because it was either an impulse buy or because they thought it was cool. They had no idea what they were getting into and all I have to say about that is THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at all of you for being the same!"

Last edited by r8rs4lf; 08-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:02 PM
1bad09sglide
Cruiser

I love my pewter denim. I dont wash it hardly ever like I did with my dark blue pearl. I also hate chrome and am slowly getting rid of it on MY bike. When I do wash the bike it is with stoners invisible glass cleaner on the front fairing and then I wash the whole bike with Dawn dishwashing detergent. Im like the guy above and dont care if it gets scratched or dirty it just adds character. I use the ride more wash less theory but that just me.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the replies thus far guys - it's all great feedback. I've always thought the denim paint looked pretty bad ***, and I also think any chrome you might have really pops against the denim paint. I hate riding a dirty bike, but I love riding into work as much as possible, so something that doesn't show dirt and is easy to spot detail would probably be ideal for me.

I'm in love with the new Road Glide Ultra, but I'm going to wait it out and see if they decide to offer it in black denim before I make my move (at least that's my plan for now!).

Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
jndr756
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it, dish soap and windex, how can you not like that. Tryin to get rid of as much chrome as possible.spend more time ridin instead of polishing and yes I am ocd.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Polish??? I just blow-dry and blast-off .

Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RangeRat
Easiest bike to clean I've ever had, never NEVER wax her, and besides...

It's a lot cheaper to customize using black paint (or whatever color you may prefer) from a rattle-can instead of buying chrome bling.

I love my denim black X..

+1 on the rattle can..in fact just got done painting lowers to match...5.00 for paint...smile on my face...priceless...

Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The denim paint is by far the easiest to take care of. It doesn't show the dust and dirt like regular paint. I go weeks between cleaning it. I like all the denim colors. they all have a nice look to them. My previous bike was vivid black and was a pain to keep clean. It would look dirty after just a few hours of riding.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:46 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i had an 07 streetbob in the blue denim and i really liked it. all my other harleys have been shiny, and in comparison, the denim paint was so much easier to keep looking sharp.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Grizzx2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luc.who
I love my denim black X..

+1 on the rattle can..in fact just got done painting lowers to match...5.00 for paint...smile on my face...priceless...
And Looks good Too......

Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 PM
hd427
1st Gear

i myself like it, it is the first denim bike i have owned, it seems easy to clean with the cleaner from harley, i like it

Quick Reply: Denim Paint - Are you Sorry You Got It?