Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 degrees and no swamp a**

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 103 degrees and no swamp a**

I just got back from a little ride today 210 miles (for a BLT sandwhich) and it was 103 degrees.

The combination of the "HD Circulater Seat Pad" and wearing some "Compression Shorts" worked really well.
No swamp *** at all. Had a nice ride other than being hot. The seat was never burning when I got back on the bike either.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:56 PM
LADNAR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you got a winning combination there.

Do you think the shorts helped out more, or the circulator pad helped out more? You know, like if you only had money for one, what would it be?

How was the BLT?

Old 08-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad You had a comfortable ride, wish I could say the same. My bike is comfortable, but I do get swamp ***. I have been thinking about getting the HD seat pad but have a question. On My ultra I slide my right leg across the seat while getting on the bike, have You encountered any problems doing this. I would like to know before I buy one.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by LADNAR
Sounds like you got a winning combination there.

Do you think the shorts helped out more, or the circulator pad helped out more? You know, like if you only had money for one, what would it be?

How was the BLT?
I'd say first buy the compression shorts. They are just plain more comfy while riding than cotton shorts that slide around and bunch up and have big seams where you don't need seams........and you can get the cheaper kind too, today I was wearing the ones I bought at Walmart.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Brand name of the one at Wal-mart??????

Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dionicio
Glad You had a comfortable ride, wish I could say the same. My bike is comfortable, but I do get swamp ***. I have been thinking about getting the HD seat pad but have a question. On My ultra I slide my right leg across the seat while getting on the bike, have You encountered any problems doing this. I would like to know before I buy one.
Shouldn't be a problem for ya. After you get on the bike, just rearange it under your butt properly.

It's only held on in the front with an elastic strap that slips under the nose of the seat.
No need to remove the seat to put on or take off.

I thought it would slide around under me, but it doesn't move at all.
You can't even tell you're sitting on something, except you're not sweating.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Not as hot here in NE (90's), but still a warm one w/humidity. Glad I took off earlier b/c it was just getting to the boiling point when I made it home @ 3:00. Bike actually kicked on the EITMS while I was positioning in the garage. I'll have to try your short idea too - go'n to Wally land...

Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
Brand name of the one at Wal-mart??????
I bought them last summer, they were the "Starter" brand. I didn't see them in there this summer.
http://www.starter.com/

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Starter-Me...horts/11026733 $10

But Acadamy has some cheaper ones also that were BJC I think.

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 08-01-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I would wager that the compression shorts that the bicyclists wear would also work very well for us. I think they have some extra padding in them in "special" places.

Thanks for the information. I was wondering just the other day after a short 130 miles what I could do to cool my rear end off. I thought about the beads, about the sheep skin, etc. Looks like the HD air pad is certainly part of the solution.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
I would wager that the compression shorts that the bicyclists wear would also work very well for us. I think they have some extra padding in them in "special" places.

Thanks for the information. I was wondering just the other day after a short 130 miles what I could do to cool my rear end off. I thought about the beads, about the sheep skin, etc. Looks like the HD air pad is certainly part of the solution.
I thought about the bicyclists shorts too, but I don't think the padded area will get rid of the moisture like needs to be done for what we are talking about.

Quick Reply: 103 degrees and no swamp a**