Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 degrees and no swamp a**

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+ ? on the Circulator seat pad! Wife and I just got back from a 4500 mile road trip and for the first time I didn't once have a problem with heat and the dreaded swampa$$.
I think HD hit a home run with this product. I was already wearing the compression shorts so can't really answer the combination's effectiveness.
FWIW I also ride bicycles and wouldn't recommend bike shorts. Only because they're really not good until you reach the upper end shorts (around $100), and they will eventually have issues with bacteria growing in the pad, causing it's own problems. They're also designed for skimpy bicycle seats, with different padding placement requirements. They don't dry so quickly either.
Just my 2 cent's.......

Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I thought about the bicyclists shorts too, but I don't think the padded area will get rid of the moisture like needs to be done for what we are talking about.
Actually, the pad in there works to wick the moisture away from your skin. I own several pair and have logged 1000's of miles on my bicycle. With that said, I've never tried them on my Ultra. I use the Under Armor compression shorts. Also, a good pair of cycle shorts will run you $50 to $100

Riding a motorcycle will get you a little moist, riding a bicycle 50 miles a setting will get you soaking wet.

"Low profile, anatomic Elite 3D Chamois features three layers of quick-drying, multi-density Air Cell foam that's 20% lighter for maximum breathability"

Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just to add to the discussion on comfort while riding. Was out Saturday all day in SFL in high 90's, not counting the Heat Index. Under Armor and Mesh Tex pants. TourMaster Draft jkt. Felt great all day (320+ miles). I was sceptical about the Mesh Jkt/pants but wanted some kind of armor protection on long rides. This was a test day for me. FF helmet and Mesh gear. Air went right through as advertized and no sunburn at the end of the day. I am sold.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

circulator seat works great.. I have a backrest on, so I added small strip of velcro to the tabs on the circulator (to attach the rear pad) and use that strip to keep the pad centered.