Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 degrees and no swamp a**

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LADNAR
Sounds like you got a winning combination there.

Do you think the shorts helped out more, or the circulator pad helped out more? You know, like if you only had money for one, what would it be?

How was the BLT?
The BLT was great. I like eating them when it's super hot out.
It's a light sandwhich and the little extra salt in the bacon seems to help.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Shouldn't be a problem for ya. After you get on the bike, just rearange it under your butt properly.

It's only held on in the front with an elastic strap that slips under the nose of the seat.
No need to remove the seat to put on or take off.

I thought it would slide around under me, but it doesn't move at all.
You can't even tell you're sitting on something, except you're not sweating.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
krom nutz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Academy compression shorts (underwear) I rode several hours Fri and noticed a big difference. Will buy a couple more pair tomorrow. About $10 The $29 UA brand may be a little better? I doubt theres $19 worth difference. It sure seems better than ridin with a warm wet cotton rag in your crotch for hours...lol

Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

On my ride to Key West a week ago I wore the bicycle pants as I had some from my bicycling days. I believe that they helped me go the 500 miles per day in over 100 degree weather for a total of eight days.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:20 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dionicio
Glad You had a comfortable ride, wish I could say the same. My bike is comfortable, but I do get swamp ***. I have been thinking about getting the HD seat pad but have a question. On My ultra I slide my right leg across the seat while getting on the bike, have You encountered any problems doing this. I would like to know before I buy one.
I have an Ultra and bought rider and passenger pads when they came out. Both of us are happy with the results, and the straps and Velcro keep them in place. They truly save your a** on these hot and humid summer rides!!!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:53 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I thought 90 degrees was hot enough. But then I think 40-50 degrees is fine.

Only use the Alaska sheepskin so far. That vent pad does look like it should work.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 AM
cdesero
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up the HD- Circulator seat pad then went on a 2000 mile ride thru the U.P. of Michigan .
All three of my fellow riders had swap butt i was fine .
They were looking at all the HD dealers we came to but no luck it was the best $90 i have spent in a while .

Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I've got one of the sheepskin pads from alaska leathers http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/s.../Buttpads/Page
works in any kind of weather, hot or cold....and helps give a few extra miles to boot. not saying its everybody's answer, but it might be worth a try.

cass

Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 AM
imrotton2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bought comp shorts at wally world too.. i got the franklin brand... after putting in a couple 300+ mile days, im sold on um... their other brand is dri star ... about 2 dollars below the franklins

Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM
skdvr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up some Starter Dry Fit boxers (Compression Shorts) at Walmart this past weekend. Previously I have bought some at Marshall's for about the same price. SO much more comfortable when it is hot outside. Even if I am not riding and going to be outside a lot I put a pair on when it is hot. The bunching up and staying wet makes me crazy with regular cotton boxers.

Phil

Last edited by skdvr; 08-02-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: 103 degrees and no swamp a**