Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have you set your pin number yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010 | 07:38 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Supporter

Originally Posted by harleyflyboy
We have the key rack near the garage door and it must be near enough that the bike senses it. I jumped on the bike one day to go run and errand, did my deal and went to start the bike and yep........the fob is still on the key rack at home. So there I am in the parking lot with the instructions out mashing button, lights flashing, etc. finally got it going, I haven't forgotten the key since.
Hey, That only sounds way too familiar. And glad that I had entered my pin. Save me a call to home.

Old 08-01-2010 | 07:53 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

We have the key rack near the garage door and it must be near enough that the bike senses it. I jumped on the bike one day to go run and errand, did my deal and went to start the bike and yep........the fob is still on the key rack at home. So there I am in the parking lot with the instructions out mashing button, lights flashing, etc. finally got it going, I haven't forgotten the key since.
I put my fob and barrel key on a belt clip. When I'm not riding it is in the house. Yup, once in a while I forget to pick up the key and the alarm goes off when I try to move the bike but I can't leave home without it.

Old 08-01-2010 | 08:06 PM
pinballparker
Advanced

made a copy of instructions for sequence and keep in saddle
and code stored in head/wallet

Old 08-01-2010 | 08:07 PM
dbinbc
Cruiser

Have to wonder how many bikes are out there with the factory PIN. (probably 31313). The first thing everyone should be doing when they get a new bike is set a new PIN that they can remember. And if someone did set a PIN and can't remember what it was, don't bother trying to find out, just set a new one. And either keep the wallet card with you or run through it a few times so you can disarm the system if necessary.

Old 08-01-2010 | 08:22 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

I have not. It might be a good idea to do that. Thanks for mentioning it.

Old 08-01-2010 | 08:40 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

just bought a two pack of batteries and threw it in the saddle bag... easy enough...

Old 08-01-2010 | 08:55 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member

Done that a couple of times myself, finally moved the key rack far enough away that it won't happen again.

Old 08-01-2010 | 09:07 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by dbinbc
Have to wonder how many bikes are out there with the factory PIN. (probably 31313). The first thing everyone should be doing when they get a new bike is set a new PIN that they can remember. And if someone did set a PIN and can't remember what it was, don't bother trying to find out, just set a new one. And either keep the wallet card with you or run through it a few times so you can disarm the system if necessary.
i don't know that there is 1 default pin, i have heard of several. mine was the last 5 of the vin number.....

if you forget what your pin is, it is easy enough to retrieve. you just have to have the fob with you. sequence is in the manual. it is slightly different than the manual override.

you should definitely get familiar with the manual override sequence. what if you lose your fob out in the middle of bfe? or it gets damaged?

i used to make it a point to use the code at least once a month so that i would stay familiar with it. don't do it so often anymore, but still do it now and again.

Originally Posted by RK09RK
just bought a two pack of batteries and threw it in the saddle bag... easy enough...
waste of money imo. batteries have a shelf life, sitting in your bags while waiting for the originals to go bad, they are gonna be losing life. i would rather just know how to use the manual override and buy a battery when needed. as a matter of fact, i just replaced the battery in my fob. the original lasted 3-1/2 years. ymmv

Last edited by skratch; 08-01-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2010 | 09:29 PM
Dustball
Road Master

It takes all of 30 seconds to replace the battery in the fob from start to finish, and I make it a point to change mine every two years. Sure it would probably last a year or so longer, but for a couple of bucks and <1 minute to do it's seems like cheap insurance.

Old 08-06-2010 | 09:54 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Just set the pin # for 11111. That is easy to remember and very fast to input.

Quick Reply: have you set your pin number yet?