Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Road Glide Ultra Is Mine

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Harley99
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked mine up today,man that thang will handle some krooked roads!!!Big diffence between it and my 06 S/G

Old 08-24-2010, 08:03 PM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigdadeeR
Dang Oley. Thats enough to make a grown man cry. The good news is your alive to ride another day. Glad you came out of it okay. Now you have a real good reason to go to the Road Glide Ultra. Stay safe out there.
well I actually did, cry that is, but only after I came off the road swearing up a storm at the young gal who had only looked down for a moment at (I can only guess what)

Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 AM
hd 2008
6th Gear

need help put a dep on 2011 roadglide ultra I have 2008 eletric glide classic radio sounds great on highway at 85 mph and little to no wind in my face
I was told that road glide radio does not sound that good at high speeds and wind is
more in the face

Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hd 2008
need help put a dep on 2011 roadglide ultra I have 2008 eletric glide classic radio sounds great on highway at 85 mph and little to no wind in my face
I was told that road glide radio does not sound that good at high speeds and wind is
more in the face
I had an 04 EGC that had Hogytune speakers andi it did sound better then my 2011 ultra RG. But the roadglide has headset speakers so you can actually hear ok just not the sound quality.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 AM
The Colonel
Intermediate

Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy and be safe.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the heck is going on here... In the past, most non-RG owners bashed the fuglies big time. Now folks are jumping ship big time.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:06 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Grillfish
What the heck is going on here... In the past, most non-RG owners bashed the fuglies big time. Now folks are jumping ship big time.
If more than one person knows, a secret won't stay secret! Saw a CVO in the dark silver/charcoal Sunday - good thing I already bought a non-CVO, 'cuz that CVO was stunning!

Old 09-03-2010, 11:16 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

So...
HD FINALLY makes VENTED lowers for the 2011 RGU...now if they'd get they're sh*t together and make em fit the 2009 RG, I'd be in heaven!

Color-Matched Vented Fairing Lower Kit

Control the air-flow to your lower legs for maximum riding comfort. These Color-Matched Fairing Lowers feature a venting system that allows you to adjust the amount of air that circulates across the engine. On hot days, open the vent to direct additional cooling air and on cold or rainy days, close the vents for maximum protection from the elements. The ratcheting friction lock pivot allows you to easily set the position. The complete kit includes left and right Fairing Lowers, convenient glove box and lid, and all necessary mounting hardware. Glove Box Doors are sold separately. Fits '83-later Touring and Trike models (except '98-'09 FLTR). IDIOTS!!

Love the RGU...good luck to those of you that have made the ugly purchase!

Last edited by shredsurf; 09-03-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 AM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by shredsurf
So...
HD FINALLY makes VENTED lowers for the 2011 RGU...now if they'd get they're sh*t together and make em fit the 2009 RG, I'd be in heaven!

Color-Matched Vented Fairing Lower Kit

Control the air-flow to your lower legs for maximum riding comfort. These Color-Matched Fairing Lowers feature a venting system that allows you to adjust the amount of air that circulates across the engine. On hot days, open the vent to direct additional cooling air and on cold or rainy days, close the vents for maximum protection from the elements. The ratcheting friction lock pivot allows you to easily set the position. The complete kit includes left and right Fairing Lowers, convenient glove box and lid, and all necessary mounting hardware. Glove Box Doors are sold separately. Fits '83-later Touring and Trike models (except '98-'09 FLTR). IDIOTS!!

Love the RGU...good luck to those of you that have made the ugly purchase!
I think you can change your fairing mounting brackets and use the new lowers.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by Teachu2
I think you can change your fairing mounting brackets and use the new lowers.
Nah, just talked to my service guy and he said I'd have to go with the non vented for the RG and have aftermarket vents installed.

Quick Reply: 2011 Road Glide Ultra Is Mine