Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Road Glide Ultra Is Mine

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:07 PM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

extra sweet.....

Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 PM
ronn39
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dslater35
I have an '05 Road Glide that I really enjoy. I realize that bike is from a technology standpoint a few notches behind your "07. Can you provide a few more details re the improvements you see in your new RGU? Those are great looking bikes!!
Wow. That's a hard question to answer without going into a very long description... improved frame, driveline, tranny, gearing, ergonomics (seat, wind management), engine, brakes, etc., etc. Best handling big bike I've ever ridden.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an '05 Road Glide that I really enjoy. I realize that bike is from a technology standpoint a few notches behind your "07. Can you provide a few more details re the improvements you see in your new RGU? Those are great looking bikes!!
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ide-ultra.html

Old 08-22-2010, 09:27 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It isn't only the Ultra extras that I was after . . . tourpak, intercom, lowers.

I wanted the improved handling, braking, and power that the RGU 103 gives me. It is a lot more bike than I had. I was considering a big bore kit for my 07 when the RGU came out. This new bike pulls much harder and stops much faster than my 07. In the corners, it is rock solid and predictable.

The link that was provided above does a really good job reviewing the new RGU.

BTW, I'm not just promoting the bike because I spent 24K on it. It is night and day a better ride than my 07 . . . and my 07 was a nice bike. This one is just better in every way.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:10 PM
dslater35
Intermediate

Thanks to all for the link as well as the additional comments.

I think the Ultra extras are fine and would be welcome but honestly it is the ABS, 103 displacement and the new frame that is really swaying my thoughts.

Thanks again!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 08 FLTR to a 2011 FLTRU

with much heartbreak after having completed the Hoka Hey challenge on my 08 FLTR (mirage orange with blacked out everything and lowers/tourpak) and finishing #25 with nothing more than a single stone chip, my bike and I were rear ended after getting home to JAX FL. I faired pretty well but my beloved 08 FLTR had to be put down ($22K just for parts).

Fast forward and I have purchased a Vivid Black 2011 FLTRU. I gotta say the color options were not what I had hoped for (I really loved the Harley "Orange n Black" color scheme) and I had difinately estabalished a serious rider/machine bond with "ole Tigger". Especially after having done 9,135 miles doing the Hoka Hey in 10.5 days. (Did I mention just how much I loved that bike?)

All that said I am pressing forward making the new 2011 FLTR into MY scoot. So far and after only a couple hundred miles I find the handle bars to be too far forward. Just not the same comfortable ride I had with my 08. Is there a difference in the length of the frame as it relates to "seat to handle bars?"

Has anyone else recently moved from an older FLTR to the new 2011 FLTRU found the handle bars to be too far forward and has anyone already tried the "Reach" or "Heritage" style handle bars as a replacement to stock?

Definately looking for some practical experience with your 2011 modifications.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
hbpair
Stage III

Originally Posted by JimB55
I have been looking at the road glide customs for a while now.. Dealer called friday said they a 2011 road glide ultra just came in.. Went friday night just before closing to look at it.. could not see it that good in the warehouse. Went back yesterday with my wife, salesman pushed it outside so I could see it in the sunlight.. The Merlot Sunglo looks sweeeet in the sunshine, a lot of metalflake in the paint... sit down with the saleman, made a good deal.. So i pick up the bike next week...

The best part is my wife to keep my dyna..
I saw the Merlot...it looks nice but I favor a basic black and bought mine 7-31, taking it in next week for the 1,000 service. Traded in my '01 RK Classic which we loved but ten (10) years of technology improvements cannot be overlooked! HD needs to make the Ipod docking feature standard and include two headsets...GEEZ!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 PM
35th_superglide
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sifularson
Yes, West Yellowstone, not far from the entrance. We went there first on the way to Sturgis. Didn't spend too much time because we got hit by a pretty wicked thunderstorm with hail.

Learned a valuable lessons.

1. ALWAYS take rain gear.
2. Get a face shield and carry it is case of heavy rain or hail.
I thought I recognized it, I grew up in West Yellowstone.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:35 PM
BigdadeeR
Cruiser

Dang Oley. Thats enough to make a grown man cry. The good news is your alive to ride another day. Glad you came out of it okay. Now you have a real good reason to go to the Road Glide Ultra. Stay safe out there.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Harley99
Cruiser

Picked mine up today,man that thang handles some krooked roads!!

Quick Reply: 2011 Road Glide Ultra Is Mine