Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna need some pipes for a 2011 Street Glide!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluegrassboy
First....congrats on the new bike...you're going to love it......my advice is to listen to other bikes prior to buying....I've got a 2010 limited with the 103"....I bought dresser duals and HO slip ons, both by V&H....and they're louder than I wanted at the time....although....I'm getting use to them...they sure sounded sweet today for me on my ride....but they're loud.......did I say they were loud?...well they are.....good excuse for the hogtunes Ultra speaker and amp upgrade....:-)
The quite baffles for the HO slip ons are supposed to knock the loudness down about 5 db. But as loud as they are, even with the quite baffles, it still may be too loud for some.

Also, realize that changing the headers will make anything louder.

Last edited by Ozoneman; 10-08-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,912 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by toothdocthc
Sorry, guess i just confirmed your point that everybody had an opinion.
Actually, that wasn't my point.

My point was that when you have 500 different suggestions based on personal opinion, they tend to create so much confusion to the OP that they become basically worthless. It all becomes white noise. Then, what purpose has the thread served?

20 guys said the V&H are the best...no wait, 22 guys said the Rineharts are cool...oh no, toothdoc said I should mix the Rineharts with the V&H headpipes because I'll get 1.67 more HP and a foot pound more torque! I'm so confused, what should I do?

Hey doc, is it safe?

Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
Actually, that wasn't my point.

My point was that when you have 500 different suggestions based on personal opinion, they tend to create so much confusion to the OP that they become basically worthless. It all becomes white noise. Then, what purpose has the thread served?

20 guys said the V&H are the best...no wait, 22 guys said the Rineharts are cool...oh no, toothdoc said I should mix the Rineharts with the V&H headpipes because I'll get 1.67 more HP and a foot pound more torque! I'm so confused, what should I do?

Hey doc, is it safe?
Actually........... I vote for a catless headpipe of any kind, and vance and hines mufflers. Period, I know nothing about Rhineharts. I think all will agree on here that the cat in head pipe must go. That's the main point to take away here imho.

Last edited by toothdocthc; 10-08-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Sargergp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
I have the V&H Power Duals and V&H HO exhaust and am very happy. I think this is one of the deepest rumbles I have heard. Not to loud at ide and cruise, but its pretty loud when you get on it.
I just helped my son put the same setup on his 2011 SG White Hot Denim. The header is chrome and he got the ceramic black slipons (looks awesome). These have the deepest rumble I've ever heard on a bike but like this post says, only loud when you want it to be. I'm not into loud that much but I rode his and had no problem listening to the tunes while cruising at 70. BTW you might just try the header first because I installed his OEM slipons on my '09 Ultra (no catalyst) and they are noticeably louder on my bike than they were on his. Louder than my OEM set also. Not sure why but I'm not complaining considering I got just the volume I wanted for free.