Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna need some pipes for a 2011 Street Glide!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:05 PM
usm102
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default usm102

I just got a 2011 103 street glide, put rush slip on's and love them real aggressive when you get on it but nice at cruse. I also put cams in mine changed the sound a little

Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
papamike44
4th Gear

I finally HAD to trade my 2010 SG for the 2011 SG with the 103, Security, and ABS... AND TWO exhausts..did I say 2 pipes? now I need some V&H slip-ons. How come V&H doesn't show any 2011 touring pipes or did I miss something?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:11 AM
joslinj
Advanced

I just joined the touring world in Feb and one issue I always had with FLH's is that they had a "tin can" sound to them no matter what mufflers were on it. So when I bought my 09 FLHT I figured it had to be the pipes because it didn’t sound that way on my softail so I bought a set of rush 2:2 in black and I don’t have that "tin can" sound. This is a full system with heat shields and they are high quality. Rush also has great customer service. They have a great rumble but not too loud down the highway. Can’t beat the price of $480 Shipped for a full exhaust.

http://www.epiflex.com/blacktouringfullsystem.html
http://www.epiflex.com/7150STblack.jpg

Old 10-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Great purchase on the Rineharts. They have a lower (not as low as the VH monsters) sound and they have the "Harley" sound you're probably looking for. The crack pretty good when you get on them but are ok at cruising speed. I plan on a purchase of those around Christmas.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:06 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

wrong thread... too many windows open!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change everything on the bike as far as pipes, header and whatever else is on it exhaust.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:43 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by papamike44
I finally HAD to trade my 2010 SG for the 2011 SG with the 103, Security, and ABS... AND TWO exhausts..did I say 2 pipes? now I need some V&H slip-ons. How come V&H doesn't show any 2011 touring pipes or did I miss something?
Have the same bike as you. I did a new head pipe true dual without cat, and the vance and hines twin slash cuts with the se ac and sert. Good low sound. Got the twin slashes so could put extended saddlebags on , otherwise the monsters are nice as well. Salesman said on a street glide the monsters will hit pavement in heavy leans. But, Ive been very happy with this set up and all my other hds had rush slip ons only. In the shop now for final dyno mapping and fine tuning. Can't wait to get it back next week.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,912 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by LADNAR
My question is regarding pipes for the new 103 motor. I know people are asking for pipe recommendations all the time, and now I'm becoming one of them.
Ladnar,

I would recommend that you get your *** out there and listen to/look at a bunch of different exhaust systems. If you don't have time to do this, research the websites of the major players, so that you at least have an idea of a look that you like. This is the only way that you will know for sure which pipe setup works for you.

For every guy on this forum that says Fat Cats are the best, there are ten others that will swear by Vance & Hines, or Thunderheader. You'll be beating your head against the wall after reading 500 exhaust suggestion posts.

Picking an exhaust system is a very personal thing. Asking for suggestions here is about as worthless as asking "what is the best seat for my SG?"

At any rate, congrats on the new bike, and good luck picking out your new pipes.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:41 PM
CIII
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
I'm actually happy (right now) with the sound of the 103 and stock pipes. The VH power-dual headers with Rinehart slip-ons was on the top of my list. But instead, I can do some of the other things on my list (4 point rack mounts, seat, etc). It's a win-win!
I have a new 2011 w/103 on order.

VH power-dual header with Rinehart slip-on's is my top pick also.

Is there anyone with this set up who can post pic and tell us how you like this set up? Rinehart's web site is lacking in photos of overall bike, only close-ups.

I'm drawn to the classic 1 3/4 Inlet slip on but the 4" may look or perform best with the VH PD Headers. Anyone with and thoughts on mixing the VH & RH?

Old 10-08-2010, 07:20 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
Ladnar,

I would recommend that you get your *** out there and listen to/look at a bunch of different exhaust systems. If you don't have time to do this, research the websites of the major players, so that you at least have an idea of a look that you like. This is the only way that you will know for sure which pipe setup works for you.

For every guy on this forum that says Fat Cats are the best, there are ten others that will swear by Vance & Hines, or Thunderheader. You'll be beating your head against the wall after reading 500 exhaust suggestion posts.

Picking an exhaust system is a very personal thing. Asking for suggestions here is about as worthless as asking "what is the best seat for my SG?"

At any rate, congrats on the new bike, and good luck picking out your new pipes.
The 2011 street glide stock seat isn't bad for stock, just needs an adjustable backrest added to it. Sorry, guess i just confirmed your point that everybody had an opinion. I've had only rush and vance and hines, of those two prefer v and h

Quick Reply: Gonna need some pipes for a 2011 Street Glide!