Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diferent problem on a 07 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006 | 06:36 PM
lottinala
|
Tourer
Default diferent problem on a 07 ultra

well just picked up my 07 ultra and as for 5th gear there doesnt seem to be any noises but in 6th, thats a diferent story. theres were mine sounds like a bucket of bolts. its not like its about to fall apart but it is defently there. i think im going to try to ride it out for the 1000 mile mark and see if it will go away or if they are going to have to do something. by the way the ride home was 120 miles so i donr know we will have to see. before you ask i did get it up to 70 to 75 in 6th gear and the sound was still there. i will have to say i do like my new bike and i think that between me and the dealer we can get this worked out.

Old 08-31-2006 | 06:55 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: diferent problem on a 07 ultra

Congrats on the new ride, nonetheless!

Keep us posted on how it progresses.... Hope it's no big deal!

Enjoy!

Old 08-31-2006 | 07:35 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master

Congratulations on the new '07. Don't it just chap you when you pay so much for something and have those kind of problems. it almost make you feel like, after the problem has been fix that you've been cheated.

It sound like Harley Davidson may have more than one supplier for the transmission gears. Otherwise it doesn't seem like they would be having some bikes that don't have any problems at all. Although I guess, it could be something going on in the assembly process of the transmissions.

Old 08-31-2006 | 07:46 PM
Harleyglide
Cruiser

As i said in a previos post, ol 50 will never buy anything the first year out,take my ol ladys lexus piece of garbage on the new is250,you got a warrenty i would extend that baby as im hearing bad mojo about that new 6 speeder.Good luck tho lets hope the mothership H.D. didnt unload a bad trans on everyone,will see down the road i guess[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 08-31-2006 | 07:52 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

This tranny problem sounds so far to be a hardware issue at least w/the nuts in can sound.someone posted a bolt backing out and clutch basket replacement due to the fact.May have misunderstood this post but thats the way it sounded.Maybe captbob will chime in,he seems like the trans poster child so far.

Old 09-01-2006 | 08:07 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

Maybe captbob will chime in,he seems like the trans poster child so far.
I wouldn't say that. I am just a victim in this whole mess. I have about come to the end of my ordeal. I talked to the dealer yesterday and they have one more chance at fixing mine. I don't think the MoCo is going to approve another tranny. The problem with mine is also 6th gear now. None of the techs have any idea where to go with this thing. They are thinking about shipping my bike as is to another dealer to look at. I was not in favor of that. I think they are waitng on direction from the MoCo. That is what they did last time. They have my old tranny up there and are supposed to be disecting it. I took delivery on my bike 30 days ago and the dealer has had it 14 of those and counting. One thing is for sure. The problem is not a perceived one as speculated but is very real. I told my dealer I was not having a "good Harley experience". I also found out from one of the other techs that every 07 they have sold has been back for tranny noise. I think they are using mine as test case since it is the only one they have replaced the tranny in so far. I heard that there was going to be a new soap opera on daytime TV called the "Great Harley Transmission Debacle". It will probably make a fortune. Everything the MoCo does turns to gold.LOL
http://bobbyhill.home.att.net

Old 09-01-2006 | 11:14 AM
FatIndy
Intermediate

I have also had problems with my transmission. But my brother, who has a 07 deluxe, has not had any problems with his. My dealer keep puting me off untill my 1000 mile service. I finaly took it in and told them I was not driving it anymore. Few days later I called them and they told me a bolt came out in the transmission. I was hearing the "rocks in a bucket" sound in all my gears. I did have a clutch problem. it made a wierd whining noise in neutral. I don't thank that was related, but they are replacing the clutch. They said their was one other thing they did not like, but can't remeber what it was at this time. I am waiting for the MoCo to get the parts to the dealer so they get the repairs finished. Right now I am with Capt. I am not having a good Harley experience. Hopefuly I wont have anymore problems after this.