Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checking air in rear tire... Any Tricks??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:21 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cezariomaia
1) look were is the valve and put bike forward or rearward until it is visible.
2) lay down on ground and do it...
Or take of the right saddle bag...
Having the right gauge helps as well,the more you do it the easier it gets.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:52 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

This is the slickest thing I've bought in a while.
Clamp it on, read gauge while adding air.

You read the pressure while you put air in. No more add air then check, add more air then check, add more air then check, add more air then check.

http://www.amazon.com/G-H-Meiser-EZ-...8678798&sr=8-1

Old 07-30-2010 | 08:11 AM
jsciullo
Cruiser

It's a major PITA. I made an extender based on the info from a previous post. I couldnt find the tire pump at two WallMarts that were referenced in the thread. I ended up getting one from the Slime company - they make small tire inflation kits as well as tire sealents. I them if I could buy an extra air hose but they sent me one for free. I cut off the end that screws into the tire pump and replaced it with a schraider valve (not sure of the spelling) I picked up at Tractor Supply. I put a clamp on that end and wrapped tape around it to insure a good seal. Now all I do is clip the end to the tire and clip my air pump to the schraider valve fill it up and Im good to go. I keep it in my side case in the event I need to air up out on the road.

Attached Thumbnails Checking air in rear tire... Any Tricks??-air-chuck-extenstion.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010 | 08:51 AM
bobx67
Cruiser

you could schedule to have it checked at the dealership. itll prob. only cost an hour or 2 of labor.

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:03 AM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Tire gauge ez air. Works like a charm and makes it easy to not just check but fill the tires also

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:08 AM
strtarrow
Banned

I picked up a Slime pressure gauge with a hose from an auto parts store for about $15.00. Works great!!!!

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:25 AM
PWFD
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by PWFD
Just picked one of these up over the noon hour: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

With the 90' angle this should hopefully help?.
Well, I wanted to let you all know that this item I picked up yesterday was well worth the $26. I checked the pressures with it last night and it worked perfect. The 90' head made it work perfect with the tight area due to all the spokes. Didn't bleed any additional air out at all. For anyone that wants to spend a little money at there HD dealer I would recommend grabbing one of these as it makes checking the pressures soooo much easier.

Ride safe!

T

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:31 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by PWFD
Well, I wanted to let you all know that this item I picked up yesterday was well worth the $26. I checked the pressures with it last night and it worked perfect. The 90' head made it work perfect with the tight area due to all the spokes. Didn't bleed any additional air out at all. For anyone that wants to spend a little money at there HD dealer I would recommend grabbing one of these as it makes checking the pressures soooo much easier.

Ride safe!

T
For that price, I expect to be able to inflate the tire too. Too much $ for just a pressure gauge IMO. EZGauge does both and it's the same price ...... without the HD logo.

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:48 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
This is the slickest thing I've bought in a while.
Clamp it on, read gauge while adding air.

You read the pressure while you put air in. No more add air then check, add more air then check, add more air then check, add more air then check.

http://www.amazon.com/G-H-Meiser-EZ-...8678798&sr=8-1

Wished we could find something like this with 90 screw-on so you would not lose air....

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:09 AM
jsciullo
Cruiser

It's a major PITA. I made an extender based on the info from a previous post. I couldnt find the tire pump at two WallMarts that were referenced in the thread. I ended up getting one from the Slime company - they make small tire inflation kits as well as tire sealents. I them if I could buy an extra air hose but they sent me one for free. I cut off the end that screws into the tire pump and replaced it with a schraider valve (not sure of the spelling) I picked up at Tractor Supply. I put a clamp on that end and wrapped tape around it to insure a good seal. Now all I do is clip the end to the tire and clip my air pump to the schraider valve fill it up and Im good to go. I keep it in my side case in the event I need to air up out on the road.

Quick Reply: Checking air in rear tire... Any Tricks??