Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock Deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:32 AM
Daryllawman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing this....I am going to get one this morning..This is what I have been looking for.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:12 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

It think it is on sale for $59, and if you're an Inside Track Club member then you get it for an even better price.
Actually, it's even better than that. I saw it posted this week for $39, if you grab one of the 20% coupons out of the bike magazines, then it works out to be about $31 plus tax. That a crazy deal for a great product. I've had one for a couple years and I've NEVER had even one single problem with it. I'd trust it 24/7 to hold up my bike, in a trailer or in the garage.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:28 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultrathunder
If they were not looking to receive any other persons, personal view they could have put their post in the correct Forum (Product Review) And yes you are a douchebag on a motorcycle, (Just look a looked at your other posts), was not being judgemental at all, but your going to worlds largest M/C rally and your talking about Trailering, yes I had to give my 2 cents.
Wrong. He never asked you if you thought he should trailer his bike. A good, neighborly thing to do would be to comment on the chock, like he asked. That's no reason to berate him. As for bitching about where he posted his inquiry... I'm sure he thought it made sense to him, or he would have posted it somewhere else. That's not an excuse to berate him either. Bikers help each other, not bash each other. That's why we wave to each other when we pass on the road, whether we know each other or not. You don't see people in cars doing that. The whole world would be better if everyone rode.

I'm not someone to sit back and watch/listen to someone needlessly give someone else a hard time, in person or online. Go back and read all my posts that you want to, is that supposed to make me feel bad? I couldn't care less if you have nothing else better to do. And please understand... I have nothing against you personally, because none of this would have taken place if you hadn't gibven him grief for something you have no personal knowledge of.

Anyways... for this one thing we've had negative words over, I'm sure there's 100 other things that we could have positive conversations about. After all, we both ride, so there's gotta be some good in each of us.

Back to the original topic... the HF chock is a good unit. I know firsthand, and would never mislead a friend or a stranger.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:46 AM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by doc_cj
I like HF stuff. Yeah, it's not the same quality as the top name brand stuff, but you're also not paying the top name brand prices. As for the wheel chock, I use the slightly more expensive model (picture below). It think it is on sale for $59, and if you're an Inside Track Club member then you get it for an even better price.

For what it's worth, I just bought the HF table lift ($259) and have thought about using this wheel chock in place of the clamp type system that comes with the table. I'll put the table together this weekend and figure it out then. I know for now, the chock has a nice wide stance, which give the bike plenty of security. I've actually used 2 of these chocks for my 2 bikes in the garage. I keep the bikes in a cutout in the back of the garage, and it is a tight fit getting a full sized bagger and a cruiser in the spot. With the wheel chocks I can stand both upright, and they are pretty secure. Saves pace and hassle.
i did put that chock on my hf lift and it works freaking awesome.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:58 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

http://www.customdynamics.com/condor...heel_chock.htm

This is one of the best wheel chocks money can buy imho. Works really well in the garage or in the bed of a truck or trailer. I found mine for $208 shipped from ebay.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:18 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

While the condor is a quality unit for sure the similar unit from HF works awesome. I put one in my brothers trailer. I use it to take the bike in for service or repair work at the dealer (bike is still under waranty). I haven't trailered anything much in the past but that thing makes loading the bike a very quick and easy deal.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:40 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have three and as stated they are great wheel chocks for the price. Very reliable.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:28 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

RoadKing, and those others who Trailer occasionally, don't worry about anyone else's opinion, you know Opinions are like ********,, everyone has one,, some are smellier than others! LOL

I would trailer too if the time was short. As you said, easier to drive 16-20 hrs with two drivers and go straight through, then enjoy MORE time there on the bike. SOME of those who ride all the way there, probably park their bikes and stay in the party all week,,, those who trailer may actually ride around while there, and enjoy the scenery! I know I will when I go if I can ever talk the wife into it. (No I don't need her permission, I would like her to go too) I won't be there for the partying, I would like to ride all around the Dakotas, and see things!

*Disclaimer,, to those who DO ride there and ride many, many hours and miles after you get there,, GOOD ON YA!

Just some are not "Supermen" LOL Or don't have the time as mentioned above.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:41 AM
08_Street_Glide
Novice
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by doc_cj
I like HF stuff. Yeah, it's not the same quality as the top name brand stuff, but you're also not paying the top name brand prices. As for the wheel chock, I use the slightly more expensive model (picture below). It think it is on sale for $59, and if you're an Inside Track Club member then you get it for an even better price.

For what it's worth, I just bought the HF table lift ($259) and have thought about using this wheel chock in place of the clamp type system that comes with the table. I'll put the table together this weekend and figure it out then. I know for now, the chock has a nice wide stance, which give the bike plenty of security. I've actually used 2 of these chocks for my 2 bikes in the garage. I keep the bikes in a cutout in the back of the garage, and it is a tight fit getting a full sized bagger and a cruiser in the spot. With the wheel chocks I can stand both upright, and they are pretty secure. Saves pace and hassle.

I've got two of these HF chocks in my trailer and they work great. The price is great as compared to similar chocks from various manufacturers. I've told quite a few of my buddies about them and they've also bought em'.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:46 AM
fladawg01
Tourer
Default HF Chock

I just got back from trailering my Ultra through a 1500 mile trek using the HF Chock and it held up great. The bike was pulled in and out daily and the chock held it ridgedly. I still strapped it with a couple of straps, but it never budged. For $39 it was well worth it. No comlaints about this setup.

I trailered the bike due to needing trailer space for hauling items and boxes back from my destination. I had a choice, trailer and ride or ride and not be able to retrieve items I needed to bring back.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock Deal