Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock Deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
flyer91
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip!!
I needed another chock and so ....... now it should be here next week!!

BTW: I sometimes trailer my RKC.
I haul it behind my motorcoach in a covered trailer when I don't want to tow another vehicle, and am on an extended trip to different interesting areas of the country that having the scoot along makes it ...... well ...... just perfect!!!

As I've gotten older I find that when I go to something like the 4 corners region, National Parks, or events like Sturgis, having my coach and scoot allow me to be rested, well fed, and able to actually enjoy all the happenings .... and the rides.

That said ....... I certainly do miss the days when I could (on a moments notice) just jump on an old Triumph Bonnie, ride all the way across the country, and not miss a beat at the parties along the way.

Oh well ......... at least I can still ride for pleasure ....... if not for show.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:08 PM
denviola
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one, bought it on sale earlier this year. Seems sturdy enuff for routine maintenance on all three bikes here. If I was in the biz, then would consider a better product.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:44 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that chock and my Ultra rides safe and sound.Cannot beat the price and quality is okay.HF sells good stuff and junk so does Sears and Snap on.Buyer beware.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:10 PM
roadking531
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultrathunder
Geezzz,, Whats with Trailering to Sturgis???? You buy a M/C to Ride on, not ride on a trailer
Geez, I was just giving folks a tip on a good price on a wheel chock. No need to start flaming. If I had the time I would ride, but there are a few of us going that only have a few days and we drive straight through. Saves us over a day travel each way.

If I lived only 800 miles away it would be much easier time wise to ride up. Nice for you. I have over a 1500 mile drive. Too much to do in 1 day on the bike. I want to enjoy the rally when I get there.
To each there own.

The op was to let others get a deal, not provide a review or discuss why I am trailering to the rally this year. If you don't need a wheel chock, then you can save some time and add some "valuable insight" to another thread.

Last edited by roadking531; 07-30-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking531
Geez, I was just giving folks a tip on a good price on a wheel chock. No need to start flaming. If I had the time I would ride, but there are a few of us going that only have a few days and we drive straight through. Saves us over a day travel each way.

If I lived only 800 miles away it would be much easier time wise to ride up. Nice for you. I have over a 1500 mile drive. Too much to do in 1 day on the bike. I want to enjoy the rally when I get there.
To each there own.

The op was to let others get a deal, not provide a review or discuss why I am trailering to the rally this year. If you don't need a wheel chock, then you can save some time and add some "valuable insight" to another thread.
Well said! And thank you for the insight on the wheel chock. I may grab one of these bad boys for my lift table after seeing your post..enjoy your trip by the way!

Last edited by SpiderPig; 07-31-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:27 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got two of em on my trailer and they work just fine.
Also have two of teh other type shown by another poster, one bolted to the garage floor and the other get used to stand the scoot up for cleaning. Both are good products for a fair price.
All that being said they can truly sell some real crap, guess I am somewhat lucky to have one near me that I can actually take a look at what I am getting (or not getting).
Won't speak to the trailer comments, just ain't none of my business.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks a lot Pal. :^(

I just bought 3, a couple of weeks ago.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

To each there own.

Amen...thanks for reeling this one back to original intention. Like how some people always like to turn things negative. Yes, maybe it wasn't posted in correct section, but OP has touring bike so I thinks it fits. Still a good deal for people looking to secure scoot upright.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:54 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like HF stuff. Yeah, it's not the same quality as the top name brand stuff, but you're also not paying the top name brand prices. As for the wheel chock, I use the slightly more expensive model (picture below). It think it is on sale for $59, and if you're an Inside Track Club member then you get it for an even better price.

For what it's worth, I just bought the HF table lift ($259) and have thought about using this wheel chock in place of the clamp type system that comes with the table. I'll put the table together this weekend and figure it out then. I know for now, the chock has a nice wide stance, which give the bike plenty of security. I've actually used 2 of these chocks for my 2 bikes in the garage. I keep the bikes in a cutout in the back of the garage, and it is a tight fit getting a full sized bagger and a cruiser in the spot. With the wheel chocks I can stand both upright, and they are pretty secure. Saves pace and hassle.

Last edited by doc_cj; 07-31-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:07 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

To each there own.

Good point, way to bring it back on topic. But you have to understand; this time of year trailering seems to be a hot topic. Everyone bashes someone for trailering instead of riding. I will never understand it. I guess some can not put there feet in someone elses shoes. Some have jobs that limit the time off one can take, the distance, and weather (again time, distance). I will never bash one either way, trailering or riding. At least both are at the event and experiencing the scene.

Back to the topic.....HF is good in my book...love the prices.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock Deal