Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Luggage TBag? SAC? HD? Kuryaken?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I have been using the Nelson-Rigg CTB950.Works great,good quality.

Bought it here.....www.cycleluggage.com

Last edited by 1flhtk4me; 07-28-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 652 Posts

A bag with wheels.
If i was buying again i would get a bag with wheels.
Wheels are nice and better than carrying all your stuff.
Consider a bag with wheels.
Funny how most non-motorcycle luggage has wheels but only a few motorcycle luggage brands carry stuff with wheels.
I think i would look for wheels.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Lee Parks Laguna Tail Pack. I picked one up at Americade 2 years ago and it's still like new.

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/eshopp..._Tail_Pack.htm

Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Will CF
Cruiser

Here are a few Pictures of my new Sissy Bar Backpack the came in from Road Ready this week... Excellent workmanship and Customer Service... Lifetime Guarantee on all Materials and Workmanship.. Made in the USA. What more could you ask for ??

One of the features I like is that this bag mounts without the need of a Luggage Rack and it will not sag down onto your fender... The roll bag can also be mounted independantly on the sisy bar in the same way.

Attached Thumbnails Touring Luggage TBag? SAC? HD? Kuryaken?-road-ready-01-s.jpg   Touring Luggage TBag? SAC? HD? Kuryaken?-road-ready-02-s.jpg   Touring Luggage TBag? SAC? HD? Kuryaken?-road-ready-03-s.jpg   Touring Luggage TBag? SAC? HD? Kuryaken?-road-ready-04-s.jpg  
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice, I just emailed them to see how it works flipped around and sitting on the passenger seat when I am traveling alone and used as a driver backrest.

Have you tried this?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:18 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

+1 on the Kury Grand Tour bag. I put it on the passenger seat and it makes a great backrest. Plenty of room for a weeks worth of clothes etc. for Sturgis.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Will CF
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ncbeast
how it works flipped around and sitting on the passenger seat when I am traveling alone and used as a driver backrest.

Have you tried this?
I did flip it around onto the passenger seat just to see how it fit up and it looks like it lined up very nice to be used as a backrest... Since I just got it I need to pack it up and get some miles on it to give the complete evaluation !!! Gee... sounds like the perfect excuse for a Road Trip !!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Looking a purchasing some touring luggage. Want some opinions on what you folks have and like, and what you dont like. Buddies have TBags but I note that they have faded over time. SAC looks good. Anyone tried the line from Kuryaken? The HD branded is made by SAC I think.

Looking hard at the STOWAWAY from TBag. Anyone have it? Impressions?

I like SAC and have the multi-fit ultra nylon touring bag. Made in the USA, waterproof, holds a ton of stuff and looks good imho. I accidentally ripped the PVC liner that makes it waterproof and they sent me a new one for free. Great service.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:20 PM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the SAC pac and it works fine.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Just FYI, I ordered and received the TBag STOWAWAY bag. My initial observation is that it is small and certainly stowable when not in use in your hard saddlebag or tourpak. I was hoping it was a bag that was usable without expanding to full capacity but in actuality it is NOT usable unless completely expanded. Typical TBag quality. Its a top loader so undoubtably what I want will be on the bottem. It appears I will be able to pack for a 4~5 day trip easily. Comes with a raincover and has the TBag zipper straps for attaching to backrest. Collapses down to about the size of a large lunch box. Will see how it does for my trip to Sturgis this weekend. For $160 you can buy a larger bag for sure.

Quick Reply: Touring Luggage TBag? SAC? HD? Kuryaken?