Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Reaction

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I'll ask a loaded question...in the market for my first Harley..looking at the RK...I take it that the heat issues that people say are greater with the 2010's is probably the same with 2011's?

Dawg

Old 07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately better colors than the previous 2 years. Good to see the 2/1/2 back on the SG/RGC. I don't like the new seat on the SG/RGC...not as "low profile" as the 2010 bikes. However, probably more comfortable?

There is nothing in the new line-up that drives me to want to trade my 2010 SG, other than a CVO SG (sweet colors and bigger motor). But thats no different from last year for me. I don't have the money for that price-tag anyway!

The Softail line-up looks "bare" without the Softail Standard/Custom.

So thankfully, I'm "fat and happy" with my Vivid Black 2010 SG. No urge to go out and drop $20K plus on a new scoot!

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 07-27-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior

On the CVO RG Ultra they have a pic of the front end when they talk about air suspension. What that all about. Also the have a wind deflector that mounts under the fairing and to the crash bar.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Ok I'll ask a loaded question...in the market for my first Harley..looking at the RK...I take it that the heat issues that people say are greater with the 2010's is probably the same with 2011's?

Dawg
Pretty much going to be the same. Best solution is get the bike you want, then replace the ristrictive header pipe (w/catalytic converter) and get an aftermarket header pipe. Should reduce the heat issue significantly.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:48 PM
HDThunder
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 100thRK
The funny thing is some of the 2011 Limited pictures show a front bumper and some don't?
Yeah, the 360 view does show it with the front bumper. Strange. Most of the stills don't have it.

Also noticed that both custom paint schemes (purple/black and green/black) have an entirely different painted on tank graphic.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:49 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

the LED headlight is top of my list ... damn.. I can't believe there is no cheaper after-markets of those, and they are plug and play !

"Cut through the night. Harley-Davidson® LED Lamps are brighter and whiter in color and provide a superior light pattern over standard incandescent lamps. Compared to the yellow light of a traditional halogen bulb, the LED lamp produces a "Daylight Color Impression" that appears more natural to the user. Headlamps feature 2 horizontal "D" shaped lenses that focus light into a pool in front of the motorcycle, and separate high beam and low beam projector lenses that provide a focused beam of light in front. 4" LED Auxiliary Lamps feature 3 "D" shaped lenses that focus the light, and provide a matching appearance to the LED headlamps. The solid-state LEDs are designed for long life, and the shock- and vibration-resistant lamp assembly mounts into existing light housings. Installation is quick and easy, and the plug-in lamps connect to the factory headlamp wiring. No external ballast or complicated wire harness is required. The LED lamps are DOT approved for use in all 50 states. (Available September 2010.)"

Old 07-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
Pretty much going to be the same. Best solution is get the bike you want, then replace the ristrictive header pipe (w/catalytic converter) and get an aftermarket header pipe. Should reduce the heat issue significantly.
Ok thats what I thought...being a little naive, I assume can use the stock mufflers with the after market header and will still have same exhaust tone?

If that is the case more than likely better off with a 2010 or even a 2009 leftover and save some $$?

Dawg

Old 07-27-2010, 02:04 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
If that is the case more than likely better off with a 2010 or even a 2009 leftover and save some $$?

Dawg
Smart thing would be to buy a (leftovers price) '10 and with savings, get a headpipe and stage I.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,831 Likes on 4,955 Posts

I like the tweeters in the gauge pods on the e-glide models but that means they left out one important one, volts I suspect, unless that all important air temp gauge is your primary focus!!

Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Godinaz
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

First impression too many bikes. Second impression, CVO's got some pretty sweet color combos!

Quick Reply: 2011 Reaction