Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Reaction

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM
88b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TitoFTW
Some cool stuff but overall I think the MoCO dropped the ball.

Totally agree ,just the usual add a few parts from the P&A book take some off and change a few colours. Meanwhile the 2011 Victories have addressed just about all of their problems, and look like they offer better value for money. I borrowed a friends Cross country in Al in May, very impressive.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hogrider09
I thought someone mentioned the 2011's electric classic/ultra are cheaper than the 2010's. Is that true? I havent really checked.
Don't think so. It was metioned here (or another 2011 thread) that the EG Ultra Limited now has a vivid black color choice, which is always cheaper than other colors. Once you upgrade to any other color, the price is on par with 2010.

It does give the EG Ultra Limited a lower entry point though.

Last edited by ehans; 07-28-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:08 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Depending on your perspective

Depending on your perspective, the 103 motor is available either in most or all of the 2011 touring lineup excluding the CVO's of course. What I don't understand is that this is being treated like headline news. The 103 motor has been accessible for several years via the 103 big bore kit for a few(?) dollars more than being charged in 2011 and you weren't limited to any specific model.

It's also my understanding, and this one is for the real mechanics one of which I'm not, that the factory 103 isn't a "significant" upgrade in performance from the factory 96. Install the big bore kit on any 96, change the cams with possibly a little head work and you will get a bike that runs rings around a factory 103 without sacrificing reliability.

Real mechanics help me out on this one. Accurate? Not even close?

Getting an underperforming 103 from the factory is headline news?????

I'm just trying to understand all of this excitement. If Harley had made the 103 the standard touring motor without increasing the price, now that would be headlines!!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Finchum
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

They always billed the RG as the ultimate touring bike, but now it finally is. Should have made the Ultra RG available years ago.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM
ehans
Tourer

Originally Posted by peddler
Depending on your perspective, the 103 motor is available either in most or all of the 2011 touring lineup excluding the CVO's of course. What I don't understand is that this is being treated like headline news. The 103 motor has been accessible for several years via the 103 big bore kit for a few(?) dollars more than being charged in 2011 and you weren't limited to any specific model.
That's not quite true. The PowerPak costs $1,995. That includes Security ($370 in 2010), ABS ($845 in 2010) and the bigger engine. That means the bigger engine is only a $780 option. I've never seen a dealer do the big bore for less than $2K. You might get it cheaper at a 3rd party shop, but I am not sure that you get everything that the PowerPak includes. What i don't know is, is the exhaust, cams, etc. I know HD reprograms the ECM which isn't cheap either - a few hundred $$$.

IMHO, $780 for the bigger bore is quite a deal. Parts alone are $640 from HD and it states the ECM needs recalibration, which is priced separately. Then add labor on top of all of that and you are well above $780.

Like you though, I would like to know more details on what exactly is different between the 103 and 96 besides the bore size.

Plus, there is just the satisfaction of getting it that way from the factory without any concerns over warranty or worrying how trained the individual at the shop was when doing the mods.

What sort of blows me away is the RK and all EG's are exluded from the PowerPak option. The limited gets it, but it has had a 103 for a few yrs anyway. Not sure why all touring bikes aren't eligible. I'd bet money that in 2012, the Softails get the option for the 103B motor. 2013 is another anniversary, right? Bet that year the 96 dies and the 103 is standard.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the RG Ultra but not crazy about color choices. My favorite would be black but if I go to a new scoot I want a new color then what I have now and none offered on this year "grab" me.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 PM
DoobieBrother
Cruiser

So yeah, I wanna know how the 103" in the "Power Pack" is built out. I suspect it's not so hot compared to what I'd normally order in a 103" kit, but it is cheaper.

One other thing I noticed. With at least one of the colors on the CVO Street Glide (black & orange), the mirror chrome agitators are available, not just the contrast chrome. So what happened to all of that B.S. that was going around about not having the mirror agitators on a bat wing bike?

Now, the new "Anarchy 5 spoke" wheels available for the Street Glide sweet! ...and decent priced at $750/ea.

Last edited by DoobieBrother; 07-28-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
scooplove
Tourer

If I were in the market for another Harley, the RGU would be the one for me. Unfortunately for HD, I love my SG waaaaay too much to think about a trade.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:19 PM
RED E GLIDE
Tourer

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
The stock mufflers wil work on most (or all?) aftermarket header-pipes. But chances are they will sound different behind the aftermarket "non-restricted" header-pipe. However, they wont be too loud or obnoxious. Probably sound better.
It looks like you have the V&H X pipe. Any performance Gain? Sound improvement?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:04 AM
hogrider09
Tourer

Originally Posted by ehans
Don't think so. It was metioned here (or another 2011 thread) that the EG Ultra Limited now has a vivid black color choice, which is always cheaper than other colors. Once you upgrade to any other color, the price is on par with 2010.

It does give the EG Ultra Limited a lower entry point though.

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: 2011 Reaction