Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has and do you like Vance & Hines Round Twin Slash Slip-On Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:01 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has and do you like Vance & Hines Round Twin Slash Slip-On Mufflers

I am thinking of getting these installed tomorrow on my 09 Ultra. My dealership is a big fan of these slip-ons. They tell me they are a true slip-on. Just slip then on and roll no other mods and adjustments needed as long as I leave everything else stock. Any of you that have these Vance & Hines Chrome Round Twin Slash Slip-On Mufflers on have any positive or negative feedback on them would be much appreciated. I am NOT looking for a loud exhaust so I hope this isn't too crazy loud. I'm looking for a nice deep note with a little that "Harley Sound".

Thanks!

T

Old 07-26-2010, 02:35 PM
mcfarland1286
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the monster twin slash ovals on my 09 ultra. love em. I was looking for the same as you... love the deep sound and can still hear the radio...

Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have V&H slip-ons and I love them. The sound is an awesome rumble when accelerating and mellow at low speeds.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM
PWFD
Road Master

I've read a couple thread saying they are too loud on LONG trips. The jackhammer effect was mentioned by one member. I dont want to go back to wearing earplugs on my cycle. Looks and a nice mellow sound is what I am looking for.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

If your talking about the basic slip ons with the standard baffle, IMO they are not loud at all when cruising but they can be heard. It's all just a matter of preference.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM
PWFD
Road Master

Originally Posted by carpetride
If your talking about the basic slip ons with the standard baffle, IMO they are not loud at all when cruising but they can be heard. It's all just a matter of preference.
Nope, this are the ones I am thinking of: http://www.vanceandhines.com/product.../tsrounds.html

Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
TheDon81
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand these are the basic replacement (well that is at least what a rep told me at Laconia)

I too am debating between these and Jackpots, I think the twin slash for the reduce in potential blueing of the chrome. But want the most performance without being too loud. Samson's I have now are little on the loud side and chrome is turning colors.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDon81
From what I understand these are the basic replacement (well that is at least what a rep told me at Laconia)

I too am debating between these and Jackpots, I think the twin slash for the reduce in potential blueing of the chrome. But want the most performance without being too loud. Samson's I have now are little on the loud side and chrome is turning colors.
Could be.They probably have the same baffle as the basics.

They may be double walled or something because they may be turning blue with the hotter motors. Whatever, my basics haven't turned color at all but mines an 06 with a stage 1 and much cooler than the new stock bikes.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:56 PM
PWFD
Road Master

Yea, I'm not 100% sold on the looks of that twin slash tip but it may grow on my if the sound is right. I love the sound of the MONSTER OVALS but can't stomach the price of them. The dealership I shop at has sold a bunch of these since they came out this year and I talked to the guy in the speed shop today and he told me they are really nice pipes and will require no other mods as long as I leave my Ultra stock. Just wish I could hear them before putting them on. The closest I have is a two into one which is quite different than what my Ultra will sound like. This is why I turn to the form. We have GREAT members here with awesome feedback!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:05 PM
PWFD
Road Master

I tired running with the SuperTrapp SE slip-ons on my ElctraGlide and I really didn't care for them. Thought they had the Jackhammer Sound after a while in the saddle. When I traded the bike in I left them on the bike since I knew I wouldn't want that sound on a tour bike every again. Everyones ear is a bit different as we all know here on the Forum.