Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting the Itch for More Power!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcsns
Had my eye on the TW6-6 for quite some time and had told myself that's all I'm gonna do; 96" is more than enough, just needs a little 'tweaking', right? Long story short, went with Steve @ GMR's 107 kit and I'm enjoying the hell out of my bike now, nice low compression build (10.1), runs strong from just about any rpm or gear. Steve was a good guy to deal with and I've got no complaints; would definetly do business with them again and probably will
I saw your post on the GMR build. I checked out their site and they look like a great option. How long was the turnaround on the heads? Thanks.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 AM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atrain68
I hope this is a passing phase, but after the cam upgrade over the winter, I've been paying more attention to the big bore posts. A 107 or 110 kit might be a good place for me to start. I'm concerned about some of the issues like pinging or losing any comfort on longer trips. It looks like S&S and GMR have some good kits out there! I'm looking for more torque in the bottom and mid-range. I don't know what I'm going to do. Just when I think I'm done for awhile, I read this forum and get that itch!
atrain

Do some research and choose parts that work well together. Just as important, find a competent person to tune your bike. Then buy the tuning device that he prefers ( sest, tts, etc.) Also you may want to look into changing the gearing in your 08. Do this and you will be happy with the results.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mariner227
atrain

Do some research and choose parts that work well together. Just as important, find a competent person to tune your bike. Then buy the tuning device that he prefers ( sest, tts, etc.) Also you may want to look into changing the gearing in your 08. Do this and you will be happy with the results.
No doubt. I don't want to throw a non-matching kit together. Still, I want to make the most of what I have - PC V, Cams, etc... When I do the project I won't take any short cuts and will certainly make an informed decision.

The gearing in the 08 is not ideal, but I am going to try and avoid expanding the project that far.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I have just done the BB kit, heads will be going to Bean for street port, cam will be a 255 and pipe with be the pro pipe or Fatcat. I have the HQ 107 kit on my Ultra, I wil never go higher than 10.1 comp on heads again as it is hard to find a tuner. Told by Jaimie that the PCV is not the best tuner for large than 103 with cam and headwork builds.

That price looks pretty good! Did you have any work done on the heads? As soon as I put the new cams in, I knew I would eventually crack and start planning for more power! It's going to have to be a winter project though.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this is a passing phase, but after the cam upgrade over the winter, I've been paying more attention to the big bore posts. A 107 or 110 kit might be a good place for me to start. I'm concerned about some of the issues like pinging or losing any comfort on longer trips. It looks like S&S and GMR have some good kits out there! I'm looking for more torque in the bottom and mid-range. I don't know what I'm going to do. Just when I think I'm done for awhile, I read this forum and get that itch!
Getting that itch huh??? Get your pockets ready because it's going to hurt!!!