Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Being treated right or wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
What is a SERT? I tried Googling it and didn't see anything motorcycle related and see it talked about on here a lot but no meaning of what it is. Is this the race tuner?

ETA: Nevermind! Screamin Eagle Race Tuner.
LOL...this is funny! You have a V&H Fuelpak and you don't know what a SERT is? I'm sure you are kidding, Right?

Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 AM
valvestem
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally have never seen any letter written to corporate offices for any company do any good, nor glean any response other than maybe a form letter. I would expect nothing more, or less, from Harley Canada.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think you are out of luck. Your complaint is between you and the seller. You should have been better informed about the used bike you were buying and insisted that the SERT interface be supplied with the bike when you bought it or a cash allowance to purchase a new one.

The path your are now taking will just will just result in embarrassing yourself and alienating the dealer.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Steelknee57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop it. Chalk it up to experience.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brunswickoh
Not a dealer issue at all, you bought a used bike and it didn't have the part. The owner may or may not have been given it, the truth is that you have no way of knowing. The dealer hasn't done anything wrong here and you are trying to make this into a much bigger issue then it is. Let it go and enjoy the day. Why are you writing to HD? why not write to the person you purchased the bike from?
You have a beef with not knowing the merchandise you were shopping for. Look in the mirror.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
I think you are out of luck. Your complaint is between you and the seller. You should have been better informed about the used bike you were buying and insisted that the SERT interface be supplied with the bike when you bought it or a cash allowance to purchase a new one.

The path your are now taking will just will just result in embarrassing yourself and alienating the dealer.
+1...or 3!!
Doesn't seem to be any fault of the dealership.
You bought the bike from a private party...take your beef to him!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson

+1... it's unfortunate but it's just another $4-500 that you may or may not have to spend on it. If you don't want to change anything than you really don't need the tuner.

I really can't see the dealers fault in this at all....

Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 AM
IBHarley
Road Master

Its all about CYA and the dealer did that with the sign I think your not going to win this one I would ask for a 30% discount on the part maybe the dealer might be inclined to go that route If you intend to change the settings you will neede a new one (SERT)

Old 07-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Tex42
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though we all like to bash the Dealer--it's not their fault on this one. You bought a used bike from a third party. Take it up with him or forget it. Your all upset over a very small matter and life is too short to worry about it. Go ride and enjoy the day.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Badfinger
Road Master

You can't win this one so ask them (dealer) to split the cost with you or at the least they could get you a new one at their cost, certainly not too much to ask of them.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Being treated right or wrong?