Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed J&M 7.25's and amp.... not sure what to think

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:57 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Hawg Wired or Biketronics would probably give you the bass you are looking for, but they ain't cheap.
Sell your J & M's, lot of folks on this site would probably buy em' from ya.
We sell all the big brands and we have heard and tested the major ones and I have to say, that my J&M 7.25" speakers even WITHOUT an amp sound better. With the amp, it just blows everything away.

We carry, Hogtunes, Hawg Wired, Biketronics and J&M and I know sound may be subjective, but every forum member that has walked in and heard my bike is amazed and has purchased the 7.25" speakers with the 250 watt amp from J&M.

For the life of me, I can't see how anyone can say that the sound quality isn't superior at the highest volume setting. My bike sounds crisp, clear and clean with zero distortion, not to mention I get enough deep bass that it shakes my bars, grips and fairing. I don't know what more anyone can expect. Guys have come in and have stood back about 10 feet behind the bike and can FEEL the sound. Best bang for the buck, so far!

Shawn

Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by g money
I tried that with miine. Bottom line is these speakers are loud but the sound quality sucks.
Gary D.

+1 on the sound sucking!

Old 08-01-2010, 04:03 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN

Believe me when I say that the latest J&M 7.25" speakers are THE best performing speakers (with OR without an amplifier) you can install in your Harley ,,,,,,
If this was the case,........................high end audio shops would put them in automobiles !!

J & M might be good speakers for the application you are using,.........but let's not go overboard here.

There are probably half a dozen speakers that out perform the J & M's quite easily.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

When you put your radio on the weather band setting, the sound is kinda "coney". When I listen to cd's, or the radio, these speakers sound like they are on the weather band setting. They are loud as hell, they just have that weather band sound to them. The stock speakers didn't have that sound, it was a good stereo sound.
Gary D.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

OH Boy.....I cant take it anymore.
Listen...I dont mind paying big money for something thats really above all else. The 7.25's don't have any bass and thats just wierd. They should have something.
And no I'm not looking to rattel car windows. I just want some bass!

The amp was a pretty penny too and my one speaker now sounds like a gazoo at times. Like somethings blown. I have to run the bass down half or less or the speaker cant take it and distorts.

I'm just calling it like it is guys. I'm not a happy camper with these things. I had hog tunes with a 30 watt amp that I sold to a guy in canada off this site and that stuff sounded better. I'm going to leave the DR alone cause he didnt make them but I'm going to get a replacement speaker for the one that sounds like a gazoo......cause thats where I draw the line. Louder yes. Better than stock yes....but living up to the J and M name....no. I'm calling J and M Monday. I'm pissed.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 PM
randytro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by randytro; 08-15-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 AM
jndr756
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the 7.25's and the 250 watt amp also. I made sure it worked before putting my fairing back togethor (lesson learned a while back). Anyway, anybody notice that it sounds better with the front of the fairing off? I guess the speakers can get more air. Just wondering, should i remove the matting that sticks on the inside of the outer fairing that came with the speakers?

Old 08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer

I feel the same way.....
I feel like an idiot paying all that money for something that sounds like my beach radio/gazoo.... Seriously, I have a $20 portable radio that sounds better, not as loud but better sound.
I feel the speakers are way overpriced and can't understand how anybody can make the claims that have been made here.
Originally Posted by Gliden
OH Boy.....I cant take it anymore.
Listen...I dont mind paying big money for something thats really above all else. The 7.25's don't have any bass and thats just wierd. They should have something.
And no I'm not looking to rattel car windows. I just want some bass!

The amp was a pretty penny too and my one speaker now sounds like a gazoo at times. Like somethings blown. I have to run the bass down half or less or the speaker cant take it and distorts.

I'm just calling it like it is guys. I'm not a happy camper with these things. I had hog tunes with a 30 watt amp that I sold to a guy in canada off this site and that stuff sounded better. I'm going to leave the DR alone cause he didnt make them but I'm going to get a replacement speaker for the one that sounds like a gazoo......cause thats where I draw the line. Louder yes. Better than stock yes....but living up to the J and M name....no. I'm calling J and M Monday. I'm pissed.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

There has to be a bad batch out there. I just came in from listening to my iPod (just put some new songs in) via my Alpine X-100 with J&M 7.25's and ARC amp and it sounds amazing. I guess I'm on the other side of the spectrum wondering how anyone can say these sound as bad you guys do.

Like I said, it almost sounds like there is either a bad batch out there or maybe they are out of phase or something else. I would love for anyone close to me to come take a listen just to show how this combo rocks and I play everything from reggae, to classic rock, to R&B, to old school rap. It all sounds good.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM
randytro
Banned

Last edited by randytro; 08-15-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Just installed J&M 7.25's and amp.... not sure what to think