Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monster Oval Sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Cheeze
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Monster Oval Sound

Looking for that deep rumble that the V&H Monster Ovals has but I dont want to spend $600 or $700 to get it. What mufflers do you guys recommend that has that deep rumble but wont break the bank.

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuel Moto/Jackpots.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

If $500.00 is in your price range check out Dennis Kirk. Bought a set of the Twin Slash Monster Ovals from them for $503.00 shipped best price I could find.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:57 PM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Other than retail...

I bought mine from a reputable dealer off eBay for about $400...slightly used..."broken in" if you will.

From what i have read...MO's sound will "deepen" a bit with milage as the baffle material compacts and settles. I've put on several thousand miles already and can tell the difference. They sound sooo deep, just the way they should.

I recommend looking on eBay or the "For Sale" section of this forum. There are reputable bikers out there...just be smart about it.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put some power duals in front of the Monster Ovals, It's the DEEEEEEEEEEP sound I was looking for.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Certified Drunk
I put some power duals in front of the Monster Ovals, It's the DEEEEEEEEEEP sound I was looking for.
Did the Power duals make the M.O's deeper sounding or just louder or what?...Im thinking of Dresser duals myself, and would like to know what the sound effect is gonna be.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:16 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

BTW I got mine from Denniskirk, under 500 bucks, shipped. Chrome w/blk tips.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer

Originally Posted by hover
Did the Power duals make the M.O's deeper sounding or just louder or what?...Im thinking of Dresser duals myself, and would like to know what the sound effect is gonna be.
It's a little of both.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:37 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

American Custom, check them out, they have a couple videos and some sound clips on their web site.

http://www.americancustom.com/

Get modified stock mufflers for $200. Three sounds from one muffler, depending on the baffle. I ordered the mid range, they are in transit and I should have them next week. I'll let you know how they sound after I install them.

Side note. For the touring models, when you listen to the sound clips, start with the street friendly sound, then the mid range. The mid range sounds real good to me. After you listen to the deep growl all the other sounds come across pretty weak. The deep growl is very deep. The deep growl is the basic muffler, to quiet it down some you need to order baffles.

Last edited by jjnoble; 07-24-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:08 PM
streetglide 010
Stage I

I just installed V&H monster ovals with the dresser dual head pipes and not that impressed with the sound. I was thinking of changing baffles from a company called big city thunder to get a deeper rumble. Don't get me wrong I don't want to set alarms off and i want to hear my radio but they sound like a import cruiser to me. Anyone deal with big city thunder they gave me a part number for a baffle they say will deepen the sound of the pipes. I love the looks just don't care for the sound

Quick Reply: Monster Oval Sound