Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the 12" Wind Splitter Windshield on R/G?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:14 PM
USMCAmmoMan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using the 12" Wind Splitter Windshield on R/G?

Like the looks of the HD 12" Wind Splitter windshield for the Road Glide, anyone using one? Dealer is asking $159.95, plus I get 20% off though I might give one a try.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 248 Likes on 151 Posts

I've been riding with one all summer & I think it's a good compromise but I have the 2010 mounts on mine so it sits about an inch higher than on your 08. It directs most of the wind over my head but there is quite a bit of wind noise. I'm 6' & I find it acceptable, many have said it's junk, so it depends on how much wind, or lack of, you want to have. I also tried the 8 & 12" KW shields, the 8" is a bar hopper & I'd say the 12" is about equal to the windsplitter, I liked the looks of the HD shield better, darker tint & smoother flowing lines IMO. I also looked at the medium V-stream wave by National Cycle, it looks like a cross between the HD & KW shields, it's slightly taller & more rounded than the HD WS & is also much thicker material, but also a lighter tint, I'm hoping to find someone who's tried one to get some reviews on that one. There's alot of w-shield reviews on roadglide.org, like I said it depends on what you want for looks & protection, if you want it to be calm it isn't going to look great.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 PM
acdccox
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have it on my 09 SERG3. Road it with stock really short one home and took it off. Put a stock RG one on from ebay and liked it. Bought the windsplitter right after they came out this year and like it. Had a Deluxe before the RG with a full size shield. It is most like that - if really windy I notice - if not I don't. Love how it looks and looking over the top versus thru it. With the stock RG shield on felt very little wind. With windsplitter I can hear stereo fine 90% of the time. I'm 5'8" and also have a Corbin Close Solo which lowers me a little and typically use ear plugs on the interstate which definitely minimized any wind noise as well.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:03 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 532 Likes on 369 Posts

I have a Road Glide Ultra and its pretty useless for me, given that I am 5'5". Nope, it's a piece of crap. It reduces the buffeting from the stock shield, but now you have wind directly hitting my face without a helmet. With a helmet on it is loud. But if I tuck in right above my line of sight to where I can see. It is very quiet.

I think you are reffering to just the Road Glide Since you have a 2008 so it might work for you.

If you are not short, get one that fits right below you line of sight. But I am assuming you know that already.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have one on my 2010 Road Glide and love it.
I'm 6'-0 and get just enough wind to enjoy the ride.
In the rain I have to tilt my eyes down about an inch, and the wind blows the spray over my helmet.