Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing the tourpak plate on police models

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 12:45 AM
MtDrew1383
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the tourpak plate on police models

Anybody know how to go about taking off the black plate on the back of the police glides? Also, does any seat that fits an EG fit the police models? I would assume so, but wanted to be sure...

Old 08-30-2006, 05:26 AM
ZookHD
Tourer
Default RE: Removing the tourpak plate on police models

If you want to loose the air ride seat, yes any EG seat will work. You will have to remove the air bladder, the air tank/gauge, and the plastic seat pan. You will need to buy the seat insert nut and clip for the rear fender from the dealer (about $5). Just remove the platform for the top box and get a civilian license plate mount (I recommend the lay down style). And youre good to go.

The seat nut on the rear fender installs from underneath. Dont panic! Heres a trick to install it without removing the rear tire.

1. Get some string or small wire, about 4' will do.
2. Remove the plastic cap covering the hole in the rear fender.
3. Run the string from the top of the rear fender down so you can grab it.
4. thread the string through the hole in the insert nut.
5. Get a flat washer 1/4" will do, tie the string to the washer so it holds the nut in place.
6. Pull the string up until the insert nut seats on the inside of the fender,
7. Install c-clip over the insert nut, on top of the fender.
8. Drop string through the bottom.

There you have it. Piece of cake!

Old 08-30-2006, 07:35 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I've got a pillow look 2-up touring seat on my 04' police electra glide,save your radio mount rack and the plate mount,in case you decide to put a tour pak on at some point. the police radio rack is the same bolt on rack the other electra glides use to mount the tour pak,just take off the black base off the tubing. with the police bags you'll need to space out the tour pak rack so the bags will swing open without touching the tour pak,when/if you decide to mount a tour pak,let me know..... I have one mounted up on mine and can tell you excactly what you need and part #'s to do the job. what are you doing with the police seat & mounting parts?

Old 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
MtDrew1383
Novice

Finally got the plate off. I might keep the police seat for a while, until I can find a good deal on another seat. In response to FLHTPI04 I'm not planning on doing anything with the bladder, gauge, and seat when it does come off...do people ebay them or anything?

Old 09-06-2006, 06:52 AM
kpshooter
Cruiser

I pulled the radio tray & solo saddle off my RK Police....they're hanging on the wall in the garage. I replaced the seat w/ a factory RKC saddle. And yes, if you look on eBay, you'll see alot of "police gear" off RKs - radio trays, siren brackets, solo seats, air bladders, seat pans, etc. for sale.