Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: RUSH Ceramic Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010 | 05:01 PM
Major Bill
|
Cruiser
Cool Help: RUSH Ceramic Headers

Hello all. Hope you're all enjoying the HOT riding season.

I am looking for input on Rush Ceramic Headers for my '08 RG. I am currently running stock headers with Rinehart Slip-ons.

I would like to get some Rush Ceramic headers and keep my Rinehart slip-ons.

My main questions are: Will my Rinehart slip-ons fit? (they are same size as OEM)
Also, how is the sound / looks / performance of the Rush Headers.

My goal is to achieve a nice TD look and keep my Rinehart slip-ons as well as get some more sound (rumble volume). The ceramic is a bonus, as not melting my lower torso is a good thing.

I am not very concerned about a decrease in performance since I'm mostly a sixth gear highway rider anyway.

Thanks!!!

Old 07-25-2010 | 06:35 AM
MrHog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Major Bill
Hello all. Hope you're all enjoying the HOT riding season.

I am looking for input on Rush Ceramic Headers for my '08 RG. I am currently running stock headers with Rinehart Slip-ons.

I would like to get some Rush Ceramic headers and keep my Rinehart slip-ons.

My main questions are: Will my Rinehart slip-ons fit? (they are same size as OEM)
Also, how is the sound / looks / performance of the Rush Headers.

My goal is to achieve a nice TD look and keep my Rinehart slip-ons as well as get some more sound (rumble volume). The ceramic is a bonus, as not melting my lower torso is a good thing.

I am not very concerned about a decrease in performance since I'm mostly a sixth gear highway rider anyway.

Thanks!!!
No experience with the ceramic coated headers, but I am moving in that direction, too. Cooler exhaust temps mean a cooler running motor and cooler on you when it's warm. The Rush true duals will work with your Rinehart slip ons or any other slip ons that fit your stock headers. The Rush and stock headers are a 1 7/8" diameter pipe.

Old 07-25-2010 | 06:45 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

There has been some talk here about ceramic coated headers. I do know that professional drag racers like John Force uses exhaust systems that are ceramic coated from Jet-Hot. I had a set of factory headers coated inside and out for a V8 in a '65 Ford F100. There was a substance reduction of heat close to the headers. The exhaust sound did change a little. I would imagine there would be comparable benefits for having ceramic coated headers on a motorcycle.

I have considered having the stock headers coated.

Old 07-25-2010 | 06:46 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Or...you could get any set of TD headers & have the entire exhaust ceramic coated. This way you have more options w/the headers (unless set on Rush) & everything will match (color). I did something similar, but kept stock HD header & ceramic coated it along w/my Rinehart slip-on's. Turned out pretty well & ceramic coating was $160 for the works...

Attached Thumbnails Help:  RUSH Ceramic Headers-img_2310.jpg  
Old 07-25-2010 | 07:42 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I don't have any answers for you except I put Vance & Hines True Duel Headers on the '08 I had and it solved all my heat issuses.

When I did my "SE 103 Stage IV kit" on my current '09 I put on the "RUSH ceramic coated inside and out headers" because I was told the 103s run even hotter, let alone a Stage IV kit.
I now have 1,000 miles on the new motor and head pipes and it seems cooler than the stock 96 motor. So I am happy I changed the headers too.

Old 07-25-2010 | 08:02 AM
WI Bob
Road Master

I feel the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 stainless steel header is running considerably cooler than my stock headpipe did.

Plus you can still fit any of the standard aftermarket mufflers on the end.

Old 07-25-2010 | 09:03 AM
raceframe
Advanced

I had the rush duals on a 08 street glide and really liked them. I feel the ceramic coating reduced the heat and really did not notice any performance decrease from them. I think you will be satisfied with your choice.

Old 07-25-2010 | 09:06 PM
Major Bill
|
Cruiser

Thanks much everyone! I appreciate all of your input!

One of you mentioned color matching. Isn't chrome from one guy the same as chrome from another? I never knew there could be an issue matching chrome??