Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 AM
jpglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!

I recently had new bars installed by Dr. V-Twin. Heard a lot of good things on this forum (mostly relating to mail-order) and realized they happen to be located about 10 miles away. So I figured it was worth a call to get a quote...really glad I did because these guys are awesome! Excellent customer service - they really went the extra mile to make sure I left happy. Great prices on parts, and really fair labor rates IMO. It's great to find a shop that values my business, and works on my bike as if it was their own. Definitely planning to use them again.

I've gotten a ton of great recommendations from this forum...hope this is helpful to those of you guys looking for an outstanding vendor/shop.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Been thinking about having them do some bars for me.

Wanna tell us what you got and what you paid?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:18 PM
jpglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf

Wanna tell us what you got and what you paid?
I put on HeliBars Horizon bars. Heard about them on this forum. Was originally deciding between Wild Ones 575's or KW ergo, but these HeliBars are adjustable which was a plus for me. I'm very happy with the bars, but they are different looking which may not be for everyone. The bars are pricey ($800), but I won't need to buy and install a new set if I change seats again or want a different bar position...here's a link to the site:

http://www.helibars.com/product/horizon-es™-hz10011ba-electra-glide-street-glide

I can post more pics if you want to see what they look like on an SG.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:57 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Yes, please post some close ups.

Adjustable huh? Interesting.................

Old 07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the good feedback. We take customer service very seriously as the motorcycle industry seems to be lacking this more than most industries. I saw your biek there when i was in on Monday to pick up some parts. Thanks for your business and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Drew

Old 07-22-2010, 05:23 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 on the customer service.

While they couldn't do anything to speed up Yaffe (No one can!) Their service was great. They did everything they said they would do when they said they would do it. Their communication and reponses to my calls and emails was excellent. Even talked me out out express shipping and saved me some money. My bars got here exactly when they said they would. Now if they had just sold those Monkey Bars prewired......

Old 07-22-2010, 05:34 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,087 Likes on 11,627 Posts

Originally Posted by jpglide
I put on HeliBars Horizon bars. Heard about them on this forum. Was originally deciding between Wild Ones 575's or KW ergo, but these HeliBars are adjustable which was a plus for me. I'm very happy with the bars, but they are different looking which may not be for everyone. The bars are pricey ($800), but I won't need to buy and install a new set if I change seats again or want a different bar position...here's a link to the site:

http://www.helibars.com/product/horizon-es™-hz10011ba-electra-glide-street-glide

I can post more pics if you want to see what they look like on an SG.
Little rinky-dink town up here in Maine........I was eyeballing a set of these
at their booth set up at Merideth H.D. during Laconia Bike Week.
At that time their special price was $ 800 installed........didn't really have the coin to spare, so I ain't kicking myself in the *** too hard.

Very well made bars, and they are mulit-adjustable......and look kinda weird in a good way

Can't wait for the comfort report after a few rides

Old 07-22-2010, 05:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

That pic makes it really ahrd to see what the bars look like with the black fairing and all. Someone post better pics please as I was out of the shop when the install took place.

Drew

Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
jpglide
Cruiser

Here are a few detail pics of the bars (right bar is partially covered by my ipod). It's tough to capture them well against a black inner fairing. Bars are really nicely done in black powdercoat. I couldn't find many good pics online before buying...hope this helps anyone thinking of trying HeliBars. By the way I think they have a no questions asked return option if you don't like 'em.

Loving the bars so far. I took the bike on a 150 mile test ride a couple days ago - very happy with the comfort. Still tweaking a couple of the settings... Fit and finish is top notch.

Attached Thumbnails Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!-img_1376.jpg   Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!-img_1377.jpg   Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!-img_1385_2.jpg   Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!-img_1394.jpg   Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!-img_1401_2.jpg  

Old 07-22-2010, 11:55 PM
jpglide
Cruiser

And a couple closeups...

Attached Thumbnails Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!-img_1399_2.jpg   Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!-img_1400_2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dr. V-Twin ROCKS!