Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody got SE nightsticks on 2010 SG??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:01 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anybody got SE nightsticks on 2010 SG??

Ok...So hubby wants to put slip ons on his new bike and I found SE Nightstick on ebay cheap. I assume somebody around here has got to have them. Tried utube for soundbites but the only ones I found were in some guys garage and we all know how misleading that can be. Looking for some sound so he can hear his bike when I ride next to him cuz my pipes are now much louder than his stock exhaust but he still wants to be able to hear his stereo.
So guys, are these worth buying??

Old 07-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're not bad for the price. Quiet at cruise but sound decent through the gears. Everyone I've seen, except the one I had, turned brown right behind the muffler clamp. I painted the inside of mine with hi temp header paint and they didn't turn. I think I'd buy a V&H hi output chrome slip on before I'd buy another.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Cyphilis
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are okay if you want a little louder then stock,.. but still quiet for the road. They're pretty tame on the sound. I had one for a couple of months, but went to duals.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM
hodgeaaco
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all depends on what "loud" is for him. I had the nightstick delivered from the dealer and it didn't cut it. It was a little louder and deeper than stock, but not what I wanted. I ended up adding an open end cap from Supertrapp (thats who makes the nightstick for HD) and it made a world of difference, but the plain fact is with the stock head pipes (cats) you can only go so loud. One factor to consider depending on where you live is...the nightstick is EPA stamped (ie legal). Either way, I don't think you will get louder than your 2" Rush pipes unless you remove the cats. Hope this helps.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

think I would let hubby pick out his own slip-ons, as it's really kinda subjective. but if he's leaning the way of the nightstick, you can tune it for sound/performance by adding or removing discs or changing endcaps. I like mine.

Last edited by flhxkiller; 07-21-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

I tell him if he stopped driving like a grandpa and went WOT like me every now and again, he'd hear his bike. lol I guess these pipes also come with supertrapp ends so that should help a little. Definietly not paying for full exhaust right now.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
think I would let hubby pick out his own slip-ons, as it's really kinda subjective. but if he's leaning the way of the nightstick, you can tune it for sound/performance by adding or removing discs or changing endcaps, I like mine.
Am definietly letting him make his own decisions regarding his pipes. I just know to come to fellow forum members for opinions in these matters before $$ starts changing hands.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:51 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a nightstick on my s/g i like it alot,i think it sounds good,not to loud its tunable

Old 07-21-2010, 09:52 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Sancho sold me his NS, I like it so far. I do plan on gutting the Cat and seeing how it sounds. And then I'll see what the open end cap sounds like on it....
How much is "For cheap" on ebay? I got mine from Sancho for 125.00 shipped. (If I recall Correctly)

If you get it for near that price, and he doesn't like it. You can likely sell it later for the same amount or very close to it. But I bet he'll like it plenty. Since your sweet enough to go to the trouble to get it for him!

I think I have a sound clip in this thread..
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-da-house.html

If that's the video you found that was "In a garage" sorry, that was January or February and it was cold outside! LOL
Hope that helps in your decision.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I hated mine! I tried pulling the disks, pulling disks and end cap and pulling the whole baffle out and it still sounded like a moped. With each different set up just a little louder moped. Mine also turned yellow were it attaches to the cat after about 4000 miles JFYI. I'm only keeping it in case i have to put the stock 2-1 back on for inspection down the road and because i hate it so much i wouldnt sell it and have someone else sounding like a moped with a yellow muffler. Asked the dealer if it was warrentied and they said if it didnt affect the performance then they don't cover cosmetic.

Quick Reply: Anybody got SE nightsticks on 2010 SG??