Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto TW6-6 Cam Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:51 PM
18BKLR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Moto TW6-6 Cam Install

Just ordered my cams this afternoon and hope to see them by the end of the week. I will do the install this weekend, probaly on Saturday morning. Seems pretty straight forward, I have played with the older bikes but not these newer ones so we will see how it goes. I am hoping to liven up the 103 a little more. Quick question to all that have done the swap. Should I drain all the oil out or just let it drain when I pull the cover off. I don't want to waste the oil in there now by changing right after the install. I planned to run the oil in it a small bit then change it out after the new cams run a little. Anyway, I will try to get some pics during the install. Seems the biggest pain in the a$$ is going to be getting the exhaust off. I think I can clear the covers with the floorboard extenders on. Thanks guys

Old 07-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 18BKLR
Just ordered my cams this afternoon and hope to see them by the end of the week. I will do the install this weekend, probaly on Saturday morning. Seems pretty straight forward, I have played with the older bikes but not these newer ones so we will see how it goes. I am hoping to liven up the 103 a little more. Quick question to all that have done the swap. Should I drain all the oil out or just let it drain when I pull the cover off. I don't want to waste the oil in there now by changing right after the install. I planned to run the oil in it a small bit then change it out after the new cams run a little. Anyway, I will try to get some pics during the install. Seems the biggest pain in the a$$ is going to be getting the exhaust off. I think I can clear the covers with the floorboard extenders on. Thanks guys
I had my dealer do mine but he didn't drain the oil.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to change the oil....and yes, the exhaust is the biggest pain in the *** of the whole project, especially if you're also replacing the header pipe!